Milk Carton Mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I'd have to firm up the sides for sure. I'm not looking for absolute perfection in the batter amounts, just to look even to the eye. Hoping there is maybe some way to get there (approximately) without having to make way too much batter. But I may have to do that if I decide to try this.

Please keep us updated if you figure it out. Maybe start with m&p to control your layer weights and overspill?

I'm also going to try it Tom.. I don't have a milk carton or any other carton... So trying to figure out what mould to use..

This threat has got me so inspired.. I literally dreamt of this pattern... Lol

Yes, I'd have to firm up the sides for sure. I'm not looking for absolute perfection in the batter amounts, just to look even to the eye. Hoping there is maybe some way to get there (approximately) without having to make way too much batter. But I may have to do that if I decide to try this.

I can't wait to see your results, dibbles. I love it when you're on a mission!

I wish I had seen this thread before I used up several milk cartons & 1/2 & 1/2 cartons while in Wisconsin Dells last week making soap! All I did was simple ITP or rather ITM swirls in them. As for the bowing, some I left as is when I cut and some I have already trimmed the edges to make them more square.

Regarding soap size, I prefer the smaller (quart size) for convenience of holding in the hand. The 1/2 gallon size creates a pretty hefty bar of soap when left square, but for some swirls it looks better when not trimmed.

Cannot wait to see your results, dibbles.

Latest posts

Back