My Bad...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I sold 3 brand new unwrapped soaps last night to a returning customer. Last month they came to my booth looking for Hardwood Musk and I did not have any, so I promised to get some made for the market this month. My biggest bad I did not get it made until Friday late afternoon, pulled them Sat morning wrapped them in sandwich wrap and off to market with a note to let cure min of 4 weeks. I had found him 1 bar that was a yr old so he would have one to use during cure time. He purchased 1 cured 2 uncured and 1 other and I gave him 2 soap decks to put them of while they cured. The bars were very hard since they were made with vinegar as full water replacement and my tallow/lard recipe, gelled and no zap. So yep, sometimes I do naughty things. That is an advantage of a regular markets with regular customers. Hardwood musk is another strong fragrance

I feel as long as you know your customer it's okay. I have 2 gals that order loafs of Patchouli a year. They call me when they want them, I make it, cut it and put it in a box to cure for them then deliver. They've been doing this for a few years now. Gotta keep your regulars happy!

I feel as long as you know your customer it's okay. I have 2 gals that order loafs of Patchouli a year. They call me when they want them, I make it, cut it and put it in a box to cure for them then deliver. They've been doing this for a few years now. Gotta keep your regulars happy!
Yes you do and my customer got to free soaps decks out of it. He was quite happy :)

Latest posts

Back