We carved pumpkins!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
so we carved pumpkins last night. it was so much fun!!

20171026_184602.jpg

20171026_184625.jpg

Kermit.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Great pumpkin carvings. I'm impressed. Are you going to toast the seeds and nibble on them?

Beautiful pictures! We carved pumpkins today too :) Well, just one pumpkin. We grow giant pumpkins, this one tipped the scales at 1,360 pounds. it took 4th place at our weigh off. Some family friends' kids helped with removing seeds and carving it today.

2017102995100544.jpg

2017102995101515.jpg

2017102995103755.jpg

Beautiful pictures! We carved pumpkins today too :) Well, just one pumpkin. We grow giant pumpkins, this one tipped the scales at 1,360 pounds. it took 4th place at our weigh off. Some family friends' kids helped with removing seeds and carving it today.

I'm going to have to show this to my niece and nephew. That is astonishing. And awesome! How did you move that behemoth?

We use this tripod and a chainfall. The smaller pumpkin already on the trailer was under 1000 pounds, I can't remember exactly it's weight. We don't have a farm, we actually grow them in our yard in the city.
ETA: The cute little Firefighter guiding the pumpkin is our son :) He's not really so little any more, he's 31!

IMG_20171004_181303834_HDR.jpg

Oh!! Love these cute kiddos and family quality time pictures! And very cool carvings!!!

As a foreigner, I have a dummy question, are those giant pumpkins edible??? ;)

Oh!! Love these cute kiddos and family quality time pictures! And very cool carvings!!!

As a foreigner, I have a dummy question, are those giant pumpkins edible??? ;)

Actually yes, but they are not like you would expect, nothing like a pie pumpkin. The have been cross bred with squash to make the flesh more dense and to grow the pumpkins HUGE! Howard Dill from Nova Scotia is the developer of the Dill's Atlantic Giant (which is what these mammoths are). I've heard of people eating them but have never tried them myself.

Back