New Here - New Soap Maker

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I got hooked on soap making a few months ago when a girlfriend made some while I watched. She uses the HP method, "Handcrafted Soap" by Delores Boone. I ordered the same book on Amazon to get started.

I'm curious about CP soap making as well obviously, but the HP method seems so easy.

Just looking for good advice on good recipes and where to get bulk oils, butters, fragrance and essential oils to make for our family and friends. Not really ready to try to sell yet but maybe when I get better at it that's a thought. I'm clueless on restrictions and guidelines for that still so maybe something to explore while on here too.

Anyway, thanks for having a resource to come to, for us newbies its very appreciated.

Thanks!
Jules

Welcome Jules, the information you need for buying your supplies is in the shopping recommendation section, as for recipes you could try soap queen and see if she has any you'd like to try. Just go back through the posts on SMF and read, there's plenty of info for you to get your head around.

Hi Jules and welcome! You can find tons of info here, just do a search and read the posts. There are some great books out there, which are also discussed in some old posts. Then when all else fails you got us

Soaping can be a lot of fun it you don't wind your bun to tight!

Latest posts

Back