ISO of tried and true Natural Deodorant Recipe and Body Powder Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjfan74

Reaction score
I have been making CP Soap, Body Balms, bath products, etc for some time now. However, during my time at the Farmers Markets in my area this summer I have had many requests for deodorant and powder...there are SOOOOOO many recipes out there it's hard to narrow down where to start and which ones are really good at the consumer/user level. So, I am in search of a few good tried and true recipes...anyone willing to share or point me in the right direction?? Thanks

Looking at your request, I was inspired to do some Googling to see if any underarm deodorant formulas these days were using triethyl citrate, the active ingredient used in one very gentle one in the 1990s and that I hadn't seen since. Looks like it's back -- http://www.lisaliseblog.com/2012/03/no-sweat-lemon-ester.html -- by the name "lemon ester".

That gets you only a little of the way, of course, being only the basis of a product, not a complete formula, but it's an interesting start.

She also notes in a linked page that fewer than half the people she's heard from have been able to use baking soda-based deodorant without objectionable irritation.

Back