Must see attractions in Yellowstone national park

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kumudini

Reaction score
So, me and hubby are going on a short trip to Yellowstone, exactly 5 days. I know it's not nearly enough but that's all the time DH could spare after a summer filled with cricket. I wish to make most of this trip. We will be flying right into Jacksonhole so not much time lost in driving. I have been researching the park website, but any opinions about what not to miss and what could be deferred to the next trip, if there's going to be one? This trip has been on my to do list for sometime. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I wish I could be of help. Yellowstone is a place I've always wanted to visit, but we haven't been able to make it there yet. Well, actually, my hubby has been there, but that was in the '70's when he was still a kid. Hopefully more will chime in soon!

IrishLass :)

Old Faithful is a must. Very touristy but great to see. Yellowstone has a road that circles through the park, follow that road and whenever you see a sign for something stop and explore. There are so many things to see there that you will never see it all. A good guidebook will help with your tour.

Delia

If you have time, I think that Grand Teton is even more amazing than Yellowstone and they do border each other. There are some really great day hikes in Grand Teton if you enjoy hiking. I remember that the Taggart Lake and Bradley Lake loop was a beautiful hike. At Yellowstone, highlights for me for the Grand Prismatic Spring and the Yellowstone River Upper Falls. Hope you have a great trip!

thank you all, I am so excited and already decided that this trip isn't going to be enough to cover it all and we need to go back. we have decided to drive one route a day. Hubby is not the hiking kind so its mostly going to be all attractions that roads lead to. I know we will be missing some amazing vistas and a complete lack of adventure, but I am not complaining this one time, as its going to be just the two of us. Even though I like wilderness, I am the cautious kind. I need to be alive and well for some more life. I have read that bears mostly don't attack if we don't surprise them and such, but this is the first time that we will most likely see a bear in the wild and I don't know how I will react until I actually see one.
NA, I have been pretty tired also lately, cant figure out why. I am hoping to get some energy back by the time we leave. I am pretty sure, some nature time would perk me up once we are there.

Remember to keep your distance from elk. It won't be rutting season (when they are particularly dangerous), but elk are big, powerful animals that are unpredictable. At this time of year, females will still be very protective of their babies. Folks tend to get waay too close to them.

Have fun!

haha, I wont be getting too close to any animal. I am not a touch and feel kind of person, neither is hubby. we are more like watch for as long as you can, may be take a picture or two and enjoy the scenery.

You will be surprised at how many sites are accessible from the road. We went in 2002 when my youngest was 5. We didn't do a lot of long hikes, we mostly visited the sites that were accessible by road. I took lots of photos put them in an album. My son would look at the album for several years after the trip.

Latest posts

Back