Ringworm! Blech!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Jstar, I have no advice to offer other than what has already been offered, but this made me laugh out loud:

I'm going to chime in with my two cents. Why is he using a re-usable razor when he knows he has jock itch on his face? (See ringworm sounds a LOT better now, doesn't it?).

Theresa, you're a hoot! :lol:

IrishLass :)

LOL I cracked up laffin at that one myself..Im not tellin him that tho...he'd sink into the floor and die....I just told him there's a fungus amongus....well not on me but ya know :p

I've heard of people using bleach but its not something I would try. If its not going away with prescription meds, he might want t have it cultured in case its a resistant strain, he might just need stronger meds.
Skin fungus can take quite a while to go away though. Any chance he would be willing to switch over to a electric razor until its gone? It would be gentler on the skin but the razor would have to be sterilized daily.

I had ringworm once in my early twenties and used bleach for a few days before I went to a dermatologist. I forgot why I couldn't go to the doctor earlier, but I was grateful that I went because the bleach did nothing.

From what I read in my younger days, ringworm is similar to the fungus that give you athletes foot. You can use over the counter stuff to treat both (i forgot the name of the cream). I also know that tea tree eo is good as an anti-fungal treatment and can be used neat. Lavender can replace tea tree if you can't stand it or use it, but I haven't used it for that purpose.

I'm going to chime in with my two cents. Why is he using a re-usable razor when he knows he has jock itch on his face? (See ringworm sounds a LOT better now, doesn't it?). Seriously, though. I honestly think he should get the cheap as dirt disposables.

In the wet shaving community it is generally accepted that the Bic Sensitive single blade disposables (orange and white plastic) are excellent. A bag of 12 can be had for $5 or less at most grocery stores. They work best using a multi-pass shave ... i.e. with the grain, across the grain, and against the grain. Trying to get everything off in one pass is not productive and will lead to nicks and irritation.

The Bics are one of my "go to" razors (my other "go to" being a 1964 Gillette Super Slim with Polsiver Iridium DE blades).

-Dave

Back