Hey! From Colorado

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderwagn

Reaction score
Soaper here from the beautiful state of Colorado! :wave:
I actually stumbled upon this site in the Android Play Store awhile back, and have really enjoyed lurking and searching through all the great forums here.
I'm a middle aged-ish :p husband and father of three (3 kids, one wife). We live on a small farm with lots of little critters. Chcikens, ducks, horses, rabbits, and of coarse goats.
Other than making soap, I also enjoy gardening, computers, tinkering, and just about anything Android related.
Look forward to interacting on this great looking and informative site!

Hello and welcome! I'm glad you stopped lurking and said hello. The site is very informative and we're lucky to have friendly members willing to share their knowledge.

I'm envious of your little farm. I'd love to live in the country; however, my dream is to have provide a forever home for what I refer to as the disposable pets. I won't get started on that since it would be off-topic and it upsets and depresses me.

im in colorado too! and i also agree, this site is wicked! ive spent hours and hours the last few days mostly perusing and lurking.

Thanks for the _Welcome_ Hazel! Hi Chelleybean. Where abouts are you in CO? We are in the Ft Collins/Loveland area.

Thanks for the _Welcome_ Hazel! Hi Chelleybean. Where abouts are you in CO? We are in the Ft Collins/Loveland area.

im in loveland too :D

do you know of anywhere local to buy supplies? i generally go thru mountain rose herbs or new directions aromatics, but shipping can be a bit $$...

we just moved here and havent really explored town.

@chelleybean, I get most of my oils at Natural Grocers in Ft Collins (reasonably priced too). I sometimes get like lard, olive and coconut oil at Walmart. Natural Grocers also has some butters, bees wax, and decent selection of salts. They also have a pretty limited selection of eo's ($). There's a soap supply in Denver (mile high soap maybe) but never been there or ordered from them.
Maybe someday if I get dedicated enough I'll buy in bulk and save $$$.
I have goats milk if you're interested. Comes from our Nigerian dwarf goats. Frozen, not pasturized.

As far as colorants and fo, I order online.

1411433425798.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy & Welcome,

I'm out near Conifer.

Not to hijack the thread... but do any of y'all locals know where to get beef tallow in town? I can get free/almost free fat from the butcher, but I'm not quite ready for a rendering adventure.

And I LOVE the goats. One day I'll get work down my husband's resolve to remain goat free. One day...

Welcome! My sister lives in Loveland and we get to visit every year, I moved to Alaska 18 years ago from Lyons where I grew-up. And, Snappy, my grandparents lived for many years in Conifer. Somehow this all makes me feel more connected. Lol
Also, darling goats! Wish I could get some of that milk.

Last edited:
Welcome! I've got peeps in Colorado..they transplanted from Tx...said its gorgeous there.

Im also out in the country, and have lived in the city...much prefer the country ;)

Cute goats..now if I could just slip a couple of those by my 86 yr old mom....:D

Back