basic/simple recipe for HP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umeali

Reaction score
hi all members here,
I make cold process soaps but now very first time want to try HP soap as cold process soap needs cure .can some one give me a simple recipe for a new soap maker?or do we need HP soaps to cure?thanks in advance .

hi all members here,
I make cold process soaps but now very first time want to try HP soap as cold process soap needs cure .can some one give me a simple recipe for a new soap maker?or do we need HP soaps to cure?thanks in advance .

You can use any CP soap recipe but use full water. Also, HP takes just as long to cure as CP and maybe longer due to the extra water/liquid used.

HP needs to cure the same time as cp or Longer since it is usually made with full or more water. Any recipe can be hp'ed but do not water discount if you want a semi fluid hp. Sodium Lactate will also help keep it pourable. I have read that some actually use more water but that method I have not tried.

hi all members here,

You can use any CP soap recipe but use full water. Also, HP takes just as long to cure as CP and maybe longer due to the extra water/liquid used.

HP needs to cure the same time as cp or Longer since it is usually made with full or more water. Any recipe can be hp'ed but do not water discount if you want a semi fluid hp. Sodium Lactate will also help keep it pourable. I have read that some actually use more water but that method I have not tried.

HP definitely needs to cure! IMO, 1 day old HP is comparable to 1 week old CP, because the cooking DOES speed things up. But it still needs to cure!

As far as recipe - you can use the same recipe you use for CP.

Indeed. Hot process just completes the saponification process. Curing is another matter entirely.

Thanks a lot dear members ,I wanted to turn to hot process just to save my cure period .If it takes same 4-6 weeks then there is no need of using this method.I am new in soap making and it is harder to me to refuse customers by saying ,oh my soaps need mature period so you can't use it now .
again thanks .

When you say full water, what lye concentration does that come out to be?

It's 31%. It's the pre set on soap calc. Some use a bit more water to make it smoother since some evaporates during the cook.

Good to know. I maybe should have asked sooner. I made a batch of shaving soap last night(the recipe that Songwind posted in that thread that is floating around). It was quite stiff by the end so I was thinking maybe I should have used more water. I used a 30% lye conc, so I should be good.

Back