Soap cake

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKjulz

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at a soap cake. I couldn't find a silicon cake pan, so I lined my springform pan with plastic. Fragranced it with a blend of Ginger milk, ginger cookie and fresh apple. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1411614696.635818.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1411614728.840342.jpg

Very pretty. You must have some professional piping skills in your background. Your work on this cake is right up there with Shari's cupcakes.

Thank you all for he wonderful compliments! Cindy, I really enjoy cake decorating but I don't have any formal background other than making birthday cakes for my four daughters for the last 21 years, but thanks for thinking so
Aline, yes it's body safe glitter, and some coral mica. I rolled the sugar pearls in the mica too so it wasn't quite white on white. I am very excited to cut it, really hope the swirl worked well. Hopefully it will be ready to cut tomorrow and I'll be sure to post more pics.

Cut a couple of slices but need a different knife cause the tip of the cake isn't cutting right. Anyone have advise on how to cut this better?ImageUploadedBySoap Making1411799669.325147.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1411799705.911703.jpg

Looks like you cut a wedge out first. What I found is easier is cut it in half, then in quarters and so on, that way the middle won't get damaged. I used a ham knife which is quite thin.

I thought about that, cutting in half first, but the only knife I have that's long enough is serrated. I'm afraid that will leave nasty marks.
Thanks for the advise Relle!

Now that you have cut the wedge out, its only half way you'll have to cut through to the other side and the same when you cut it in half again.

Back