Soap Land and Sea

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This soap is an experiment to find a formula foamy soap.
In place of the water: Decoction of rooibos leads, seaweed and orange blossom
Fragrance "Fragrance of the Mediterranean" an Lemmon. And orange flower petals to decorate (Azahar petals)
Olive Oil 260gr
Coconut Oil 175gr
Palm Oil 73gr
Borago Oil 93g
Cocoa Butter 73gr
Shea Butter 63gr
Superfatted 12%
Concentration 30%
water 223gr
Lye 95gr

tierra y mar.jpg

Rooibos is a red tea, seaweed and orange blossom seems obviously but I'd love to know how they were used.

It's a beautiful soap. Muy hermosa!! Encantadora!

It is very easy. Replacing water: make a tea infusion defaced from any that you like and that water freeze into cubes and it's the one you'll use with lye. You can brew this tea or use herbs in the soap. I used a package like the one pictured, is a rooibo who has everything and so I enrich the soap

rooibos.jpg

It is very easy. Replacing water: make a tea infusion defaced from any that you like and that water freeze into cubes and it's the one you'll use with lye. You can brew this tea or use herbs in the soap. I used a package like the one pictured, is a rooibo who has everything and so I enrich the soap

Thanks for that information, I do it that way with my coconut milk. Now I want to try rooibos as well, it's such a nice earthy red. Reminds me of Morocco.

Sometimes people will mix only enough water to dissolve the lye (100g of water for 100g of lye) and then use tea for the rest of the water but put the tea in with the oils. That way the lye doesn't burn the tea.

Latest posts

Back