Wilton tip sets

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melstan775

Reaction score
Suggestions? There's a plastic one that has one each of leaf, flower, star and round, otherwise two metal ones of unknown metal compesition. One is a flower set with leaf, the other is called large tip. Large tip has tip 10, 12, 21,32. Flower is 102,104, 224,352

Suggestions? There's a plastic one that has one each of leaf, flower, star and round, otherwise two metal ones of unknown metal compesition. One is a flower set with leaf, the other is called large tip. Large tip has tip 10, 12, 21,32. Flower is 102,104, 224,352

the plastic one should be fine, but the two metal ones, if you don't know what the metal is, I wouldn't try them. They might be aluminum and that would be bad with soap.

The Wilton site declares that the metal tips are nickle plated brass. I have the 1M piping tip, it's metal and works perfectly

See, I like the plastic ones better. The metal ones corroded on me after using them for soap a couple dozen times

Ah-ha, another matter of preference. Thanks all for your reply. I am looking for a specific tip, which I think is the giant closed star. Later though, now I Am off to soap. Have to feed the monster you know- it's been two weeks!

Back