M&P- Colors in White Soap Base

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalyani

Reaction score
I am having a challenge getting the "true" bright colors in my white soap based soaps. I am using Lab Colors or Oxides/Micas, but somehow the soaps are turning out to be a very light pastel shade. How do I get them to be brighter? Should I put in more of the oxides/lab color?
Thanks,
Kalyani

I think the only way you'll get a true, dark shade is if you use clear base, then add just a smidgen of the white base. And I really mean just a smidgen. The more white you add, the lighter the color you will end up with...

M&P-Colors in White Soap Base

Thanks Fullamoon!

So does this mean that we can never get that bright color in a soap that is made from 100% white soap base? Do we get those colors if we use Cold Process?

Agree with Fullamoon 100%. The only way to get bright colors with M&P is with clear bases.

In cold process the colors do come out differently depending on what you use to color with. I've used mica, oxides and liquid colors and they all respond differently to different recipes and techniques. In this link to my blog I explain with pics how gelled soap appears differently to ungelled or hot process using the SAME EXACT recipe! As you can see from the pic, ungelled is pastel, but gelled has a nice dark color.

http://fullamoon.blogspot.com/2011/05/s ... -here.html

Hope this helps you!

Back