Can anyone tell me where they are getting labels?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azgirl

Reaction score
Hi all I make some soaps :) but alot of sugar scrubs and whipped body butter :) . But I am having the hardest time finding someone to do the labels. Does anyone have any ideas? As far as do it yourself I did try and I am all thumbs in that department . I would be most apprciative thanks so much!

azgirl said:
Hi all I make some soaps :) but alot of sugar scrubs and whipped body butter :) . But I am having the hardest time finding someone to do the labels. Does anyone have any ideas? As far as do it yourself I did try and I am all thumbs in that department . I would be most apprciative thanks so much!

Well, do you know any graphic designers or anybody with some design skills? Maybe find a college student who is going to school for graphic design. If you don't want to do them yourself, you'll just have to find someone who has the skills.

I make my own on my computer. It's easy-peasy with Microsoft Publisher, but if I were to have someone else make them for me, I would use Magestic Mountain Sage (MMS). They are one of my favorite suppliers for fragrance oils and other soaping stuff, and they also make labels. They have stock labels to choose from, and they also make custom labels. Here is their link:

http://www.thesage.com/images/labels2/index.html

HTH!
IrishLass :)

labels

I have been making my own labels too but am having a terrible time finding the right size for lip balm tubes. Do you know?

Re: labels

cathym said:
I have been making my own labels too but am having a terrible time finding the right size for lip balm tubes. Do you know?

If you click on the link below, it has a template for making your own lip balm labels (for .15 oz tubes):

http://www.thesage.com/pub/pdf/Lip_Balm ... l_2010.pdf

Or, you can do what I did when I started making lip balms: I measured how tall my lip balm containers were lengthwise in the area between the bottom of the cap and the top of the twist-up thing, and then I cut out a piece of scrap paper to that size, but left plenty of extra room to play with widthwise. Then I whittled down the width of the scrap paper until it fit my lip balm tubes perfectly. Then I measured the now cut-to-size scrap paper and went to work on Microsoft Office Publisher to created labels to that exact size. Worked like a charm.

the reply

Thanks for all the replies been working hard on them all weekend will try and post them later :)

lip balm labels

Thanks, Irishlass! I have only been making lip balms in little jars because of the labelling problem. I know I can sell more if I do them up in tubes! I'm not sure if you are using labels that are designed for the exact size or are you cutting them out from a full sheet? Also, do you use a funnel to fill the tubes or do you have one of those tray things?

I use the 1.8"x 1.8" waterproof labels from Rustic Elements. They are the easiest to work with, fit around a .15 oz. round tube perfectly and look nice.

I also use a full sheet and I do that with all my labels so I can exact measurements. I use a tray to fill my tubes unless I am only doing a few then I use a pipette (a lot of waste but if I'm only doing a few and try to use my tray I have a lot of waste too).

Cheers

labels

thanks for all the tips. Jarvan- what is Rustic elements?

IrishLass said:
cathym said:

If you click on the link below, it has a template for making your own lip balm labels (for .15 oz tubes):

http://www.thesage.com/pub/pdf/Lip_Balm ... l_2010.pdf

Or, you can do what I did when I started making lip balms: I measured how tall my lip balm containers were lengthwise in the area between the bottom of the cap and the top of the twist-up thing, and then I cut out a piece of scrap paper to that size, but left plenty of extra room to play with widthwise. Then I whittled down the width of the scrap paper until it fit my lip balm tubes perfectly. Then I measured the now cut-to-size scrap paper and went to work on Microsoft Office Publisher to created labels to that exact size. Worked like a charm.

Do you print on regular paper? How do you adhere your labels? The full-size adhesive label sheets are so expensive.

BakingNana said:
Do you print on regular paper? How do you adhere your labels? The full-size adhesive label sheets are so expensive.

I print on adhesive label sheets. I get the cheapie store brand at Staples Office Supply. They are less expensive than Avery labels and work every bit as well (I've used both).

labels

I'm making 2 doz lip balms at a time. It would be way too time consuming to cut out each label. I found the exact size on Online Labels -they actually have a 'lip balm tube' sized label.

IrishLass said:
BakingNana said:

I print on adhesive label sheets. I get the cheapie store brand at Staples Office Supply. They are less expensive than Avery labels and work every bit as well (I've used both).

cathym said:
I'm making 2 doz lip balms at a time. It would be way too time consuming to cut out each label. I found the exact size on Online Labels -they actually have a 'lip balm tube' sized label.

Thanks for the info. Wish I had the Publisher. The white labels with just my logo and lettering look pretty blah.

labels

onlinelabels.com is a wonderful place to find any size and any material label. They also give you free access (based on the amount that you spend) to their label designer software. They have teeny tiny labels to great big labels...Just a word of caution - their waterproof labels are not oil proof.

Thanks for the info working hard on them now , im just trying for a professional looking label :(, the product is good just have to get them past the label :wink:

try going to office depot or staples. they make labels at the ones i have been to in the past couple of days.

I have been playing with MS Publisher but I cannot find any good templates for round lip jars, tubes, etc, does anyone have a suggestion where one could find templates?

Latest posts

Back