naming dilemma - again!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
So you'd think that after all these years of selling that I'd be good at this naming stuff, huh?

Well I'm well and truly stumped now. I made soap with: essential oils of: equal parts: bergamot, lavender, pettigrain, orange, a bit less palmarosa, patchouli

It smells like everything and anything. I swear it keeps changing every time I use it. (I put a bar in my main floor washroom to try it).

a friend said it smells slightly like cucumber.....!!!?

My DH says to name it "Mystery"....but that sounds tooo typical,d'ya think?

any ideas?

Interesting idea, cuz gypsies include all kinds of characters? I don't know any gypsies....a few hobos though;a very pleasant young couple (daughter of a neighbour) who decided that a wandering life is for them.

Oh Dagmar...I've been on a soap labelling bee, and I am almost done wrapping my 300 bars. All that's left is the goat heads, which will be put into clear plastic small bags, with holes punched in them. I'll show those later.

Here's where I've been working for the past 3 days:

SoapLabelling%20Bee.JPG

I made extra work for myself by deciding to cut some of the larger bars in half. This necessitated a smaller wrapper....then to make it even more complex, I cut some of the halves in half. I ran up and down the stairs a lot this morning, intent on finishing.

The bars I want a name for are just those plain ones in the front of that box on left. Behind those are some Bay Rum. The colorful ones are my Citrus Sunrise. Problem with those also, in that I didn't mix the oxides very very well, and some of the edges of some bars were crumbly. I trimmed those excessively. I'm posting those separately, to warn newbies who want to use powdered colors.

I promise I will show you a pic of my setup this weekend, when I do a 3-hour table at a seniors' luxury apartment residence. (I signed on for this little show cuz I wanted to get inside this place for a look-see.)

How bout "Fruits N Flowers"

Wow, you are working hard!! Aren't you moving soon, too? (If I am remembering correctly who posted what....)

Hope the show goes well.

:D I asked cause it's easier to come up with a name when your able to see that soap. Looks like you've been awfully busy!

Maybe you could name it 'La bohémienne' or 'boho chique'...

So, are they tan in color?

How about:

Kaboodle
Every little thing
Lock stock and barrel

I went to the thesaurus & looked up mystery. Here's a few good words it gave me.

charade
cliffhanger
conundrum
enigma
secrecy
sixty-four-thousand-dollar question
sphinx

"$64,000" would be funny!

Great names everyone, thanks! I keep a list of naming ideas too.

No, I'm not moving....been here 14 years and it's our dream retirement home (if you dream like a wild forest dweller on a small income)...we plan to stay here until DH can't use a chainsaw anymore, and haul firewood for out two woodstoves.

Here's an idea of where I live, for those of you who don't know me....

DiWaving.JPG

haha, no it's not winter for 12 months - only 5 or 6.

here's a summer pic, of our driveway and front "lawn", taken from the second floor balcony.

Drivewy09.JPG

and the house from our fav sitting bench: (that's me 6 years ago).. I have aged terrificly since then.

Diane%20snowshoeing.jpg

Latest posts

Back