8 Batches done this weekend! Updated with pics:)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSoapyEwe

Reaction score
Whew, I did it! I said I was going to get all of these done and I did it:)

Santa's Pipe, Victorian Rose, Christmas Wreath, Mayan Gold, Chamomile, Green Apple, Drakkar and Pumpkin Crunch.

I also did experiment with color on all but the chamomile. Color has never been something that I've been really lucky with so I normally just let the soap "do it's own thing" .

I'm totally pooped, but feel such a sense of accomplishment!

UPDATE:
Here's links to photos I took I can't figure out how to get the actual photo on my message. They're nothing fancy, just HP plain Jane's....LOL.....I did actually color most of these, something I really don't have much luck with for the most part.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39793319@N05/3898018599/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39793319@N05/3898018389/

Left Side From Front to Back are:
Christmas Wreath
Victorian Rose
Chamomile
Drakkar
Bare(no fo no color) (made today)

Right Side Front to Back are:
Santa's Pipe
Pumpkin Crunch
Mayan Gold
Green Apple
Gingerbread(made today)
[/img][/url]

Good Golly! I get to make soap about once a month and I only make one batch.

Put up pictures! Please?

Wow that sounds like loads of fun. Pics Please. Bet your house smells wonderful !

I will get pics up, It's really foggy here this morning and the lighting isn't cooperating. I hope to have them up this afternoon.

I make soap at least 4 times a week normally, but am getting ready for a festival I have coming up and also needed more for my Farmer's Market supply because I was running low.

I'll probably make another 2 or 3 batches today and then it's on to heel butter sticks, lotions, tarts and lip balms the rest of the week.

Sounds like fun. I just soap for my family and a few friends, so a few small batches every other week keeps us a good supply.

TheSoapyEwe said:
I will get pics up, It's really foggy here this morning and the lighting isn't cooperating. I hope to have them up this afternoon.

I make soap at least 4 times a week normally, but am getting ready for a festival I have coming up and also needed more for my Farmer's Market supply because I was running low.

I'll probably make another 2 or 3 batches today and then it's on to heel butter sticks, lotions, tarts and lip balms the rest of the week.

It's darn foggy up here too. It's REALLY foggy.

What farmers markets and festivals do you go to?

I think about soap all the time but just don't get the opportunity to work on it. I have three kids, ages 6 and under, and a husband that works really early hours and so it's to bed early. So it just doesn't seem to fit in most of the time. Plus, the soap is just for us so we don't really need a whole bunch.

What are you making today?

I do the Bolivar Farmer's Market on Tuesday and Saturday and have the Bolivar Fall Festival and Reunion coming up this Saturday. I also am planning on selling at a show that our local Chamber of Commerce puts on in October.
I have soaps in one of our local flea markets and my Aunt has her own shop in Springfield so that helps me out too.
I have friends at Southwest Baptist University and at Drury University and they get me tons of business along with friends and neighbors.

I actually spin yarn for a living but my Bath and Body business is quickly catching up and I'm hoping will take over as far as my main source of income goes.

I'm single with 2 girls 18 and 20 and a "surprise" son who's 4. I work from about 8am until 10 pm everyday, with chores, kids and life in between. It's busy and hard but worth it to me because I get to do what I enjoy!

As for today, I just got a batch going in the crock pot, not sure what I'll be scenting it, I usually don't until it's ready and then whatever hits me is what I go with:)
For sure lip balms and heel butter stick later along with dyeing up 3 hanks of yarn and spinning up another 3 or 4.

Yep, I'd agree on hours. I'm going from the minute I wake up until the minute my head hits the pillow. Soap usually gets bumped to the end of the list for me but then I'm not trying to make a living from it.

What shop does your Aunt have?

Wowsers that is a lot of soap .Good for you for being able to accomplish it on the weekend. Can't wait to see the pics.

Kitn

TheSoapyEwe said:

Gosh, I need a heel butter stick......my feet are as rough as an elephants hide. Do you have then on your website?

Oh those are so pretty! I love the picture with the color variations on the white backround. I wish I could smell all of them.

Those colours are gorgeous - so earthy and natural looking - absoloutely beautiful!

To get your pics to load on the forum - click the host it button under the DOWNLOAD IMAGESHACK toolbar - it will take you to image shack -then browse for the file on your pc and hit upload. It will upload and then redirect you to a page where you can copy the html code for forums. I usually scroll below the tiny thumbnail and select/copy the HOTLINK for FORUMS.

hugs

soapbubble said:
Beautiful!!

Are these all natural colors?

No, they are all powdered iron oxides, I usually have terrible luck with coloring but I'm bound and determined to get better at it, these are the best so far.

love the pix on the white background. did you make a light box to do this? great colors too!

rubato456 said:
love the pix on the white background. did you make a light box to do this? great colors too!

No it's not a lightbox, I went to Lowes and in the shelving dept. found 2 white shelves that you're supposed to attach to the wall with brackets, they are really just boards with a while laminated finish.
I set one down and stand one up behind it, set it next to a window and wholla:)

Latest posts

Back