Recipes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottief

Reaction score
I have a question for everyone who is selling there soaps. I have noticed the few soapers who are selling at the markets have 5-10 different soaps. i was curious to know if they created a different recipe for each soap. What I have noticed is that every bar has the exact same oils. The only difference I have seen to change the bar up is what EO or special ingredient to change it.

My question is this. Do all people do this to make the recipes easier to make instead of creating 5-10 different soaps with different oils in them. I guess if you had that many soaps with different oils in each one, you'd have a lot of oils on hand when you could say just master batch using the same oils, then just add the special ingredients to each bar. I hope that makes sense.. Lol Just wondering what others do.

I make around 15 recipes and only a couple are variations of the same recipe. I like varying my recipes so that every person can find a soap that works for their skin. Some are vegan, some contain honey or lard. It's more work and more ingredients but I like it. Feels more handmade to me than a single recipe. I had a business advisor recommend the single recipe style because you can keep minimal ingredients, master batch, and buy larger quantities of your oils. Makes sense from a business point of view I guess. But I like the more personalized approach I offer. There should be some advantages to buying handmade and that's a big one for me and my customers.

Latest posts

Back