Lebermuth FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been wanting to buy some essential oils at Lebermuth and I was all ready to do so yesterday. But I didn't realize that I need to purchase at least $300 worth of items to waive $20 processing fee at the check out.

I still need to add at least $100 worth of more items to fulfill the $300 requirement. Since they only sell three things(EO, FO & FL), I am stuck.

I am thinking about getting some FOs and but don't know much about their FOs(& most of FOs). Any suggestions would be super helpful. I like refreshing and uplifting scents.

What is your favorite FO(or anything!)to buy at Lebermuth? I'll be using them in soaps(CP,MP &LS).

Thanks guys, as always :)!

Ellacho, I believe if you are a member of HCSG, they will wave the minimum order/processing fee.

I have not personally ordered directly from them, but I have never heard anything bad about them or their quality. I believe some other retailers sell Lebermuth scents (EO and FO) in smaller quantities, The Chemistry Store IIRC.

Now think about that. You're willing to add another $100 to save $20. Hmmmm.....I get the why of it, but it makes no logical sense. Just trying to save you $80!!

Ha ha ha. I know what you mean :). Thank you Reinbeau! I've been wanting to try their geranium & lavender (and other EOs) for a long time. Lebermuth's prices are very reasonable.

Their geranium is only $25.25/lb- and lavender/lb ($36.40) the lowest I've ever seen so far! I could always buy them in bulk now (or get more bottles of each), but I want to try them first before I make a big purchase.

Last edited:
w
Ellacho, I believe if you are a member of HCSG, they will wave the minimum order/processing fee.

I have not personally ordered directly from them, but I have never heard anything bad about them or their quality. I believe some other retailers sell Lebermuth scents (EO and FO) in smaller quantities, The Chemistry Store IIRC.

Hi New12soap, no, I am not a member of HCSG yet. Yeah, that's what I've been told about Lebermuth's quality. Thank you for letting me know about other retailers sell Lebermuth scents :).

Last edited:
I have their Rose Petals f.o. that I got in a co-op buy. Not only is it a wonderful scent, but the quality is amazing. I quit soaping for 10 years and that was the only e.o. or f.o. that was still good when I decided to start again. Sadly, I am almost out....

Ellacho, they (Lebermuth) does offer 1 oz samples for $2.00. You just need to call them to place a sample order. (They had an open house last fall and I was able to participate in a tour). Also, the non-insurance version for the Guild membership is $80.00. With the various vendor discounts for Guild members from large suppliers, I have already gotten my membership fee back. For example, I buy my SFIC M&P bases from Bulk Apothecary. With my 10% Guild discount, it essentially pays for my shipping.

I bought my membership last June for 80- Sorry to hear prices went up.

I have their Rose Petals f.o. that I got in a co-op buy. Not only is it a wonderful scent, but the quality is amazing. I quit soaping for 10 years and that was the only e.o. or f.o. that was still good when I decided to start again. Sadly, I am almost out....

Wow, 10 years? And it's still good? That's so amazing! Rose Petals FO sounds great. Thanks Ruthie :)!

Ellacho, they (Lebermuth) does offer 1 oz samples for $2.00. You just need to call them to place a sample order. (They had an open house last fall and I was able to participate in a tour). Also, the non-insurance version for the Guild membership is $80.00. With the various vendor discounts for Guild members from large suppliers, I have already gotten my membership fee back. For example, I buy my SFIC M&P bases from Bulk Apothecary. With my 10% Guild discount, it essentially pays for my shipping.

That's wonderful! I will definitely call them and order 1 oz samples instead. You are right. That's a good point! It's worth to have the Guild membership($100)! I'd better get it before I buy anything from Lebermuth. Thank you so much Cindy:)!

Wow, 10 years? And it's still good? That's so amazing! Rose Petals FO sounds great. Thanks Ruthie :)!

Well, now that I think about it, that was at least 2 years ago when I started soap making again, and what is left is still good, though I am running out. So more than 10 years- I'm not sure how long I had it before I moved to Oklahoma and gave up soap making for so long!

My Spiced Cranberry was also 10 years old or so. I had their Pineapple Upside Down Cake which was not good after 10 years, but was very good when I got it. Can't really complain about that!

Ha ha ha. I know what you mean :). Thank you Reinbeau! I've been wanting to try their geranium & lavender (and other EOs) for a long time. Lebermuth's prices are very reasonable.

Their geranium is only $25.25/lb- and lavender/lb ($36.40) the lowest I've ever seen so far! I could always buy them in bulk now (or get more bottles of each), but I want to try them first before I make a big purchase.

Keep in mine that they have synthetics listed among their essential oils, which might be why the prices look so good. I contacted them to ask about their Naturals line (which are nice--essential oils plus natural isolates), and it turns out that the Lavender 40/42 (which I've always thought was a blend of EOs) is synthetic and their Egyptian Rose Geranium is also synthetic, though both are listed under EOs. I suggested they move those to the FO section, since to me a synthetic is not an EO, but the response was not heartening.

Keep in mine that they have synthetics listed among their essential oils, which might be why the prices look so good. I contacted them to ask about their Naturals line (which are nice--essential oils plus natural isolates), and it turns out that the Lavender 40/42 (which I've always thought was a blend of EOs) is synthetic and their Egyptian Rose Geranium is also synthetic, though both are listed under EOs. I suggested they move those to the FO section, since to me a synthetic is not an EO, but the response was not heartening.

Hi Mellifera,
Really? Wow...I'm shocked. No wonder the price seemed too good to be true :(. I'm surprised even lavender 40/42 is synthetic...I've also thought the lavender 40/42 was a blend of EOs too. Thank you so much for letting me know. Do you know where I can buy geranium, lavender & ylang ylang without breaking the bank? Thank you.

Hi Mellifera,
Really? Wow...I'm shocked. No wonder the price seemed too good to be true :(. I'm surprised even lavender 40/42 is synthetic...I've also thought the lavender 40/42 was a blend of EOs too. Thank you so much for letting me know. Do you know where I can buy geranium, lavender & ylang ylang without breaking the bank? Thank you.

I've bought at New Directions lately. They were fast and efficient, and had geranium on sale at the time. Lavender I just look for on sale, too, since I use a lot, but NDA was around 32 a pound, I think.

Just checked, and Camden Grey has Geranium for about $100 a pound.

Last edited:
I've bought at New Directions lately. They were fast and efficient, and had geranium on sale at the time. Lavender I just look for on sale, too, since I use a lot, but NDA was around 32 a pound, I think.

Just checked, and Camden Grey has Geranium for about $100 a pound.

Thanks Mellifera! I have been also buying EOs from New Directions as well, especially the lavender40/42. I will check Camden Grey out. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back