Pipingrock EO & Carrier Oil shipment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misera

Reaction score
So I went a little nuts when I found out how cheap Pipingrock was and how my coupon somehow doubled the discount and ordered a bunch of stuff (~$150). I also ordered some stuff from WSP. I actually hate scents/perfumes but do like a couple. Here's a list of what I got and what I thought. I'm only doing this b/c I can't find much info on Pipingrock and think this might be helpful.

Pipingrock (Ordered 12/11 & 12/12 both in the afternoon, just received tonight 12/17. UPS)

What I bought:

• 3 64 oz Sweet Almond Oil ($12.47 each) - Color is slightly lighter than Now Foods food grade one, no difference in smell. But check out the difference in the amount of oils in those jugs. I highly doubt I got the full 64 oz.
    1 64 oz Avocado Oil ($14.07) - I prefer the more greenish avocado oil. Slightly disappointed. When you look at the liquid it's just yellow.
    2 oz Lime EO ($5.75) - Smells like Lime
    16 oz Peppermint EO ($18.55) - Smells like Peppermint. Good deal.
    2 oz Rosemary EO ($7.35) - Smells more like lemongrass/mint combo.
    16 oz Lemongrass EO ($9.59) - Smells like lemongrass but not very lemony. A bit disappointed.
    16 oz Orange Sweet EO ($8.31) - Light Orange scent
    1/2 oz Tangerine EO ($1.27) - Smells exactly the same as the orange
    16 oz Lavender EO ($28.15) - Satisfied with this one.
    1/2 oz Clary Sage EO ($3.35) - Very very nice light floral-y scent
    16 oz Citronella EO ($15.35) - I actually bought this for bug spray lol. Does not smell like my plants however!

I understand why people have had problems with the packaging. The boxes that had the almond and avocado oils the jugs were just rolling around with only a light amount of the air packaging. The essential oils that were packed with them had a layer of bubble wrap but half of them had slid out of that layer and were also rolling around. I guess I'm lucky I haven't had bad UPS experience here. Though they did deliver every box upside down even though they were clearly written on which side was up. The smaller box that only had essential oils was packed much better. Every item in that box was super wrapped in bubble wrapped and taped that I had to use scissors to cut them out.

No item had an expiration date but they all had lot numbers. I am about to try to email them to get me maybe their batch dates or something but nothing smells like it's old. If you're wondering why I bought so much almond oil it's because I just went through 2 lbs of it from soap making, sugar scrubs, and washing my own face in 2 months. It was also ridiculously cheap especially when all the soap I'm making is experimental for me so I needed to steer myself away from top grade for now.

WSP (Ordered 12/8 at night, received 12/15. Emailed them on 12/11 to ask when they were shipping and it finally went out that afternoon)

What I bought:

• 16 oz Blood Orange EO ($21.92) - I am in love with this. Smells just like blood oranges.
    16 oz Grapefruit EO ($22.42) - Like, not love but satisfied. I was hoping for a stronger pink grapefruit up your nose smell.
    2 oz Ylang Ylang III ($11.66) - Well I thought I liked this scent but apparently not so much. Besides Lavender and Rose this was usually the only floral scent I liked. This smelled kind of like plain dawn soap to me. I don't think I'll order this again.

WSP has pretty good packaging. It was very hard to get the oils out of the box with the mountain of peanuts with my dog hovering. I wasn't really thrilled about the shipment speed as I wanted to use the EO in some presents that needed to go out quickly.

WSP puts batch dates which pretty much correspond with the date they were shipped. Expiration date is set 1 year from that date.

Just to note, I like the smell of lavender, tea tree oil, and neem oil straight up and hate perfume/cologne in case you were wondering my range of likes/dislikes. I am also not selling anything I make and is purely done as a hobby.

PR1.jpg

PR2.jpg

PR3.jpg

PR4.jpg

WSP1.jpg

WSP2.jpg

WSP3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back