Great Sodium Hydroxide

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a vendor that sells sodium hydroxide. All the vendors that I have used have outrages shipping cost and high priced lye. I found a vendor that sells 50 lb bags for 60.00 dollars. At first I was not to sure, I talked with the guy and he seemed nice and assure me it was as pure as they come.
I'm not a chemist or I dont have equipment to test his theory of its pureness; I can say that when I used it to make my soap, it was just as good as all the others. What I like about it too, was that it didnt go flying when I poured my lye to measure for my water. The last vendor I used charged me 50.00 for what was to be 10 lbs bag.

He is in NCal, not sure about the shipping, I 'm sure he's better about shipping then most. The bags are waterproof and the are professional looking bags. I had a 5 gallon pail that I poured the lye bag into. PM me if anyone needs info.:clap:

I take it you didn't see my post about secrecy on a public forum.

What's wrong with posting the info on the board if this seller is legit? Generally when members want to share good deals, they post the relevant info and don't request people to PM them for details. Your request for people to PM you makes me feel very uneasy about your motivation in posting about this seller. It also makes me feel there is a possibility you're trying to circumvent a couple of rules since I noticed you're in California, too.

Please keep these rules in mind as you use our soap making message board:

16 - According to the Revised FTC Endorsement and Testimonial Guidelines, any association between an endorser and a company must be stated in all posts which refer to a product or products. Examples of this are a person who is an affiliate, is given free product, is financially compensated for endorsement, is related to an employee/owner or is an employee/owner of the company. Frequently asked questions about the FTC revision can be found here.

17 - Any posts made which endorses a product or company where the person has an association but does not reveal it will be deleted. Banning of the person's account may also occur.

I purchase my lye from Gallade Chem Supply in Santa Ana, CA. I pay approx $48.00 per 50# bag. There are rules that have to be followed such as having to supply proof of a legit business which requires using the lye. I was able to supply my resale license. I have to pickup in my car so the lye is in an enclosed trunk. I am sure a truck would work which has a enclosed tool type box or shell. The company always takes a pic of my car license. It is almost always less costly to purchase from a chem house. Although they charge an exorbinate amount of money for 5 lbs of anhydrous citric acid. My lye always comes with an msds and the cert of analysis is available. The bag also states the purity of the lye

Latest posts

Back