Flavor Oil Recommendations?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have favorite flavor oil recommendations for lip balms?

I've been a little disappointed in NG Horchatta and most supplier sites don't have a lot of reviews. I do love BB Cucumber and Melon, but I'd like something fruity or cinnamon-ish or sweets-inspired.

What a coincidence- I've been making lip balms all afternoon for my family and friends. haha

I love, love, love the flavor oils from MMS. Their Peach is out of this world. I get the most requests for that particular one from my family and friends. I also love these from them (all of them are strong and don't fade at max usage rate. Some you can use even less than max rate):

Cucumber Melon
Vanilla Banilla (mixes great with orange EO for a Creamsicle flavor, and Root Beer for a root beer float flavor, and with spearmint EO for vanilla mint, etc...)
Root Beer
Grape
Black Cherry
Mango Mango
Honey
Strawberry Swirl
Chocolate Cream (mixes great with orange)
5-fold orange EO
and I love their Sugar Baby liquid sweetener for sweetening my balms.

From Element's Bath & Body I love:

Fizzy Soda Pop (a sparkling lime flavor)
Blue Raspberry

And from BB, I love Passionfruit Rose.

IrishLass :)

Thanks everyone! The chai, vanilla banilla and peach sound perfect!

Do you normally use max rates for them? I've just started making lip balms and flavoring lip scrubs.

I usually use 1-2% and use as little as possible to get the desired effect. I wouldn't necessarily start with the max.

I like chocolate mint that I got from Camden Grey, and Pineapple from Brambleberry. It's unsweetened, but I dont' think it needs sweetener. It's like fresh pineapple with a candy-like note. Like if you had fresh pineapple plus that stuff they coat candied apples with.

Latest posts

Back