Is AAA Chemical still around?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapoho

Reaction score
When I was looking for lye last week, I went to Howard's website and it's just full of broken links.
Is he still around and in business? I ended up going with ED for their free shipping special, but I always try to support my Texas based businesses when I can.

I used to by my lye from AAA Chemical all the time, but it seems that around last spring or so, they stopped selling lye and soap-making oils. My last order from them was about a year ago, or just a little less than a year ago.

Some point shortly after that, I noticed they changed their website (but kept the same URL address) and it looked to be that they were only selling chemicals and reagents- no lye or oils or bio-diesel stuff.

Now they no longer have the same URL at all and they seem to have changed their name from AAA Chemicals to AAA Chem (at least I think they are/were the same company). I hope nothing bad happened to Howard.

I was really bummed because they were my go-to online lye supplier for years. In any case, I now get my lye from ED.

IrishLass :)

@IrishLass Sorry, I know this post is years old but Im a new soap maker and was wondering if you still use Essential Depot as your supplier, because to tell you the truth, you seem to know what you're doing, so if thats who you use, I would want to as well :D

@IrishLass Sorry, I know this post is years old but Im a new soap maker and was wondering if you still use Essential Depot as your supplier, because to tell you the truth, you seem to know what you're doing, so if thats who you use, I would want to as well :D

Welcome Athena! Yes- I'm still using up my Essential Depot lye. I've had no problems with it. I've also used lye from Brambleberry with excellent results as well.

IrishLass :)

You might want to check out Duda Diesel - http://www.dudadiesel.com

I personally do not make CP or HP yet as I am still reading and researching but several people who I highly respect swear by the lye they get from them

I just bought from Duda Diesel, super simple to buy from. Shipping to MA total for a 50 pail was like $105 ? so $2 a pound around.

Anyone is the western states, Arizona Soap Supply is a good source. Shipping is expensive and closer is better.

Latest posts

Back