Bath bomb recipe - how does this look?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Got this from Nature's Garden. I like that it's in weights, I have all of this stuff (except bentonite clay) and it's fairly small.
Total Recipe Weights:
132 grams Citric Acid
263 grams Baking Soda
68 grams Corn Starch
5 grams Bentonite Clay
30 grams Coconut Oil 76
30 grams Himalayan Pink Salt- Fine Ground
20 grams Himalayan Pink Salt- Course Ground
5 grams Fun Soap Colorant- Neon Pink
1 gram Che Bella Donna Fragrance Oil

Question 1: I live in a humid climate. I do have a dehumidifier. Is there anything I can do to improve my odds? My plan is to run the dehumidifier and also point a small fan at the bombs while they dry. I think that if I plan to keep these around for any length of time more than I month I will have to shrink wrap.

Question 2: Can I substitute Kaolin Clay for bentonite?

Question 3: I got the press from Soapies Supplies. It's a section of PVC pipe with a wooden plunger. Any reason this recipe would not work with this?

I use kaolin in mine so I dont see why not

I wish you luck with the dehumidifier, I have some rotten luck with them in the summer with the humidity here

Your recipe will work fine with that mold. Make sure you turn your bombs every 20-30 minutes for the first couple of hrs. I find this helps prevents warts. I live in a very dry climate. Maybe run the AC to help dehumidify?

Back