Scar Cream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSL

Reaction score
A wonderful and very supportive friend of mine just became a grandma of twins! Her DIL had to have a c-section because the TWINS! were not wanting to make thier appearance to the world, all tucked in warm in mommy's belly!

Anyways, i got the word today that they were delivered happy and healthy by c-section yesterday evening! Two healthy boys, both slightly more than 8lbs each! Poor mommy!!

I really want to make something special for mommy, and help reduce scarring. I was thinknig of a simple shea butter cream. And would like some advice for this!

I have shea and mango butters on hand, as well as soy, avacado, grapeseed oils. I'd like something simple, spreads easily, and would help with healing the scarring...

Please help! I really want to make this special for her!

yes, and shea too..
i was thinking shea and cocoa butters, and some oils.
but i don't know what else I should put in there to make it more spreadable.

I'm thinking...
shea & cocoa butters at 60%
avacado and soy oil at 30%
water at 10%

..... will that work? heat it and whip it together, and add preservative at the end?

I have a shopping cart ready for me to "check out" with cocoa butter, but I probably wont get that until next week.

Would shea and mango butter work?

I'm totally open to ideas !!

You might want to try some flax seed oil, here is some info I found:
Flax seed oil is known to soften and heal skin abrasions and scars. It also reduces swelling and redness of rashes and lesions from skin disease. Flax Seed Oil is widely regarded to improve the overall health of your skin. We recommend using flax seed oil in creams, lotions, balms as well as your soaps.

This sounds fantastic but you may want to rethink the water portion unless you're planning on putting a preservative in the cream. Just making a simple body/belly butter without the water and including the wonderful suggestions others made would be wonderful. Let us know how it comes out and her reaction to it.

Great Ideas, i think lavender is a great idea.
I sliced my wrist cutting up some ribs and had to get 4 stitches. I soaked in one of my lavender bath bombs and added a few drops of extra lavender. I had to keep it pretty sealed up during the day, but when i took my bath, I let my wrist soak in it. Its really helped it along in healing.

I will see if i can find some of those oils and see what I can come up with.

I'm okay with adding a little preservative.. I"m just worried that it wont really "spread" well if I dont thin it out...

If I put more oil an less butter, will it be too oily? Or maybe I should ass something like... hmm.. corn starch? so its not so oily?

haha...
at least you know what I meant! LOL

You know they say that you can write a whole paragraph, and as long as you keep the first and last letter of the words the same, you can switch the middle letters and the average person will read it as if its spelled properly?

like:

Hlelo eevyrone, hvae a ncie wkeened~

Congrats to her! How wonderful! (where does she live? I want to photograph newborn twins SO badly! lol)

I use a balm/salve on our boo-boos.
Calendula infused olive oil, grapeseed oil, vitamin E, glycerin, and beeswax. If you did some butters too, it would be lovely. This spreads very easily.

Reminder: she shouldn't put anything on the incision until it's actually formed a scar - having had two c-sections myself, I remember that very well.

(My first childbirth/c section had to be done twice as I was bleeding internally and they had to go back.. they ended up leaving the incision OPEN to heal and it was horrible. I wish I'd have had a nice scar cream then. It was an awful scar until he fixed it with my second child's birth.)

Well, I used Concha de Perlop bleaching cream for a week now and it works. It helped to lighten old acne scars on my face. It does dry out big pimples. Also lightens the skin..

Cocoa butter is good for scars but you must have to use it in once a week. It is best for reduce big pimples and also good for skin glow. It helped to lighten the old acne scars on my face.

Neroli (Orange blossom) eo is a very strong cell regenerating oil, so make sure to include that one. Geranium is also beneficial. I used neroli and jasmine in a lotionafter of my kids and never got stretch marks. Congratulations to the new Momma!

Back