My first CPLS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I see now. I talk about EDTA at 0.5% as the powder and you're talking about it as a diluted solution. You're still using more than I do -- you're using 1.25% as powder, but that's a more typical rate....

Correction -- I should have written: "...you're using about 0.8% as powder, but that's a more typical rate..."

That's what I get for trying to do math in my head. :think:

WEll, I tried to make cpls today using duel lye and after a hour of trying to get the separated batter to stay together, I dumped it in the crock pot. Same thing happened last time too when using just KOH.
I don't think I'm meant to make cpls, it just stumps me. You who get it right must be magicians.

I do like DeeAnna, I melt my oils in my crock pot, add the glycerin, mix my KOH and water, then while the KOH/water is still hot, pour it in, turn off the crock pot and start stick blending. If I am not using glycerin, I use a dab of paste or some grated KOH to kick start trace. If I am lazy, I get it to emulsion, then walk away. But I don't soap cold/room temperature when doing CPLS. I just get everything melted/mixed then stick blend. No further cooking, but I am definitely not soaping cold. The only reason I use my crock pot is that I can melt the oils and dilute using the same vessel, so I have less dishes to wash.

Latest posts

Back