Unicorn Horns

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh. Sorry guys, kind of with penelopejane, not for soap. They're too skinny to be very well usable, and the shape will erode into a point really easily, and someone WILL manage to stab themselves with a hard, pointy soap spear.

I made some unicorn bars recently with hand-made soap clay horns - they were a big hit. I'd be interested in very small silicone molds that would make small (no longer than one inch), stout horns.

Here are the ones I made:

IMG_20170411_183539_475.jpg

I kind of like them. Actually been looking for something similar. Hopefully they will not be too expensive?

I often use small MP on the stop of my soaps.

I think maybe if you essentially lopped off the final 1/2 to 3/4 inch of the narrow end, and round it off they might be ok for soap. Wouldn't tend nearly so much to wear away into a point. Still going to get kind of awkward to hang on to in use, I think, but I could be wrong.

Those are way cute, toxikon! I do have kind of the same concern about your horns that I have about the bigger ones, though, that they'd tend to wear into sharpish points. I wouldn't dare try to sell such a thing, though I would be ok gifting them to people I knew had some common sense. It could just me being overly cautious, that happens sometimes.

I think maybe if you essentially lopped off the final 1/2 to 3/4 inch of the narrow end, and round it off they might be ok for soap. Wouldn't tend nearly so much to wear away into a point. Still going to get kind of awkward to hang on to in use, I think, but I could be wrong.

Those are way cute, toxikon! I do have kind of the same concern about your horns that I have about the bigger ones, though, that they'd tend to wear into sharpish points. I wouldn't dare try to sell such a thing, though I would be ok gifting them to people I knew had some common sense. It could just me being overly cautious, that happens sometimes.
They're actually quite soft and fragile on these bars and would be more likely to get squished or ripped off during actual use. Not sure why the soap clay never hardened up, maybe I put the glitter on too soon. But yeah, I wouldn't sell bars with anything hard and pointy on them, that's just asking for trouble!

The 'poop' emoji is so popular right now, and isn't so pointy. Unicorns are also popular, and I have seen unicorn poop bath bombs. So maybe unicorn poop soap? It shouldn't probably be too big, though, since poop soap is going to mostly appeal to kids I would think. But I do have a couple of friends...

I made some unicorn bars recently with hand-made soap clay horns - they were a big hit. I'd be interested in very small silicone molds that would make small (no longer than one inch), stout horns.

Here are the ones I made:

Happy to be wrong! Not for me (I think along the lines of kittish) but glad someone can use them.

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback. It's the only way we can improve on designs and create the types of molds people want to use.

Feel free to let us know what works, and what doesn't with this design. And/or what needs to change to make it more desirable/useful.

@Dahila... This mold isn't one of them, but we've actually been working on some bath bomb designs. In your opinion, what would need to change with this one?

to make one for bath bombs it must be wider on the bottom the top should be rounded, even that people have a hard time to use, :) I think tiny ones (multiply) would be great for the embeds :)

I saw them at SoapCon2017. Both the molds and some soap (M&P) with pretty sparkles. Cute and I think they're okay for embeds and for hand soap. A bit small for bath soap on their own, but for travel it would be okay. For embeds, really good, though IMO.

Back