Mold Design Competition Prelim Voting - Loaf Ideas A

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please Vote For The Idea You Like Most

• Dual Cavity Yin-Yang Halves Mold

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Asymetrical paint splatter

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Tall & Skinny - 2.5 W x 5 L x 4H

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Column - 7" L x 3" Diameter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HoneyComb Texture Rectangle Mold

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Dog House

• Fluffy Cloud - Small

• Flower Top w/ Vine Sides

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Cannabis Leaf

• Wine Glass

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeyG

Mold Meister
Reaction score
We want to thank everyone again for the tremendous amount of support for this competition and all the wonderful ideas. Once again, there were so many for the “Loaf” category that we are going to run a preliminary poll to determine the top 10 ideas. Then we will run the final polls for both “Bar” and “Loaf” categories simultaneously.

Prelim poll for the LOAF category will consist of two polls - A & B. We're trying to describe each idea accurately, but there is limited space for each poll option. You can always go back to the original thread through to refresh your memory. Check out all the great ideas and then please vote in each poll.

This prelim Poll will be up for 3 days, so please let others know so they can vote too.

I have a couple of questions:
First, how did you decide which ideas to include in the polls and which to leave out?
Second, the original guidelines said, "Members can vote for as many shapes as they want, including their own. Make sure you vote for the ideas you like. Even if your design isn't chosen, make sure one you like is, because you still have a shot of winning*that*one instead" when I voted, I wasn't able to vote for more than one design. Did I do something wrong?

I have a couple of questions:
First, how did you decide which ideas to include in the polls and which to leave out?
Second, the original guidelines said, "Members can vote for as many shapes as they want, including their own. Make sure you vote for the ideas you like. Even if your design isn't chosen, make sure one you like is, because you still have a shot of winning*that*one instead" when I voted, I wasn't able to vote for more than one design. Did I do something wrong?

Heya,

Question 1.) We tried to include every idea. I think the only one we left out was because it was a copyright thing... believe it was something in regards to LEGO. There is a "Loaf Ideas B" poll too, just in case you missed it.

Question 2.) Once the prelim polls are done and we have determined the Top 10 choices for each category, the final polls will be set up to allow you to vote for multiple ideas.

Hope that answered your questions, but please let me know if I missed something.

Re: question one-- I didn't see my own ideas on the lists. There was a "cloud loaf" listed, but since it said "small," I assumed that was the small one for embeds. Maybe you lumped the two ideas together? The other was a bar idea for a pig shape. Am I ineligible to enter?
Thanks for clarifying question #2

Re: question one-- I didn't see my own ideas on the lists. There was a "cloud loaf" listed, but since it said "small," I assumed that was the small one for embeds. Maybe you lumped the two ideas together? The other was a bar idea for a pig shape. Am I ineligible to enter?
Thanks for clarifying question #2

I must have completely missed your post... I sincerely apologize. The BAR prelim poll is over so I can't really do anything for the 'Pig' shape idea.

I didn't see a way to edit the poll myself to add your sliced cloud idea, but I wrote admin to see if they can help. If they can, your cloud idea will be in the 'B' LOAF prelim poll. Again, sorry about missing your post.

I would suggest a new survey through Survey Monkey. You can list all the options and then all people to choose more than one option. So you could list 20 loaf mold ideas and then let people vote on their Top 5.

I would suggest a new survey through Survey Monkey. You can list all the options and then all people to choose more than one option. So you could list 20 loaf mold ideas and then let people vote on their Top 5.

Thanks for the idea... and are you sure about the number of options? I looked, and it appears on the free membership they limit you to 10. Otherwise you have to pay like $35. Maybe I'm not seeing something though.

Hmm...might just be 10. I guess my poll didn't go over that so I didn't notice. Still, I'm pretty sure you can choose multiple options, and I don't think the SMF survey tool allows that.

Hmm...might just be 10. I guess my poll didn't go over that so I didn't notice. Still, I'm pretty sure you can choose multiple options, and I don't think the SMF survey tool allows that.

SMF survey does allow you to vote for multiple options, which we'll use in the final polls. It also allows to set up the poll so voting is public, and everyone can see who voted for which option/s. We didn't think people would like that option though, so we didn't apply it.

I must have completely missed your post... I sincerely apologize. The BAR prelim poll is over so I can't really do anything for the 'Pig' shape idea.

I didn't see a way to edit the poll myself to add your sliced cloud idea, but I wrote admin to see if they can help. If they can, your cloud idea will be in the 'B' LOAF prelim poll. Again, sorry about missing your post.
Well, rats on the bar mold. And judging by the bar surveys, it looks like roughly half the interested members have already voted on the loaf surveys. I didn't expect my designs would beat out an idea like "dragon's egg," or "cat profile," but it would have been fun to participate.

I'm personally really hoping for the Dragon Egg mold, I would use it all the time! Even if it doesn't win, perhaps I'll pester Joey to create one for me to buy! :mrgreen:

Well, rats on the bar mold. And judging by the bar surveys, it looks like roughly half the interested members have already voted on the loaf surveys. I didn't expect my designs would beat out an idea like "dragon's egg," or "cat profile," but it would have been fun to participate.
Even if we're not able to get your idea in this time, we'll be doing more contests like this periodically, so please don't be disheartened. And thank you kindly for being so understanding. I feel terrible about missing your post.

Even if it doesn't win, perhaps I'll pester Joey to create one for me to buy! :mrgreen:
You've touched on one of our main goals, which is to be able to provide people with an affordable means to design the mold/s of their dreams. And ours are modular, so you can add to the number of items you're pouring, simply by adding a multiplier.

Admins were able to help. Your sliced cloud has been added to the poll.

Back