Vegetable Glycerin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrishaglerr

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Was reading a thread someone online earlier today where someone said adding some Vegetable Glycerin to melt and pour will increase the lather greatly, or even adding some kind of shower gel base.

Has anyone tried this? Thanks!

melt and pout already has quite a bit of glycerin in it, adding more will only make it soft. Not sure what shpwer gel would do, I suspect it would also make the M&P soft. A good M&P base should have plenty of lather, what kind are you using?

melt and pout already has quite a bit of glycerin in it, adding more will only make it soft. Not sure what shpwer gel would do, I suspect it would also make the M&P soft. A good M&P base should have plenty of lather, what kind are you using?

I use a natural coconut oil base which does have great lather, but always looking to improve :) I'm not too worried about making the soap soft. I always see people saying adding over a certain amount of oils will make a bar soft and cut lather but I have yet to have that happen to mine.

Not sure what the shower gel would do either, but figured I'd ask haha. Thanks for the input :) anyone else??

You could try adding some Cocamidopropyl betaine (a surfactant) to increase bubbliness. I haven't tried it in M&P, but I did a CP batch with it. I didn't care for it in my recipe but do think it increased the lather somewhat. It also made my bar weirdly pliable for a while.

Latest posts

Back