Wilton Bath Bomb Colors?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Soapbuddy. These seem to be some sort of gel, though, as opposed to food coloring (not sure if that's what you were thinking of). I did some more searching and found one thread on this forum. People seemed to say that there was no bleed or tub staining when used in bath bombs. That's what I'm thinking of using it in. I was just hoping for more input before making the decision. Thanks again.

You know, as I read the Coastal Scents website some more, I'm thinking that what they sell is a far more concentrated version - a paste. I'm not sure. I'll have to do some more research to see what other people use to color their bath balms. Thanks again!

I've not made any bath balms but have made bath fizzies and I use BB's LabColors.

I've ordered from Costal Scents and been very pleased with their service.

SudsyKat said:
You know, as I read the Coastal Scents website some more, I'm thinking that what they sell is a far more concentrated version - a paste. I'm not sure. I'll have to do some more research to see what other people use to color their bath balms. Thanks again!
You can get that version in Michaels. By the cake stuff. It's nothing special.

Yep, I buy mine at Michael's (for cake decorating), and they are the same thing coastal scents uses in their bath bomb video tutorial. It's a concentrated, very thick paste-like gel, if that makes sense. You can also find them in a more limited range at Wal-Mart (also in the cake decorating section, right next to wedding stuff) and they're just a bit lower priced there.

Thanks so much for the input. I'm going to Michaels with the next good coupon I get in my email!

25% off everything this Sunday and 40% off one item. If you didn't get it PM me and I will forward mine.

I just ordered these off Coastal Scents last week as well, I think I got the Orange, Brown, Royal Blue and Leaf Green. Then I saw them at Walmart this past weekend hahaha. Oohh well. The shipping was only $5 and I needed to get a few bath bomb molds as well. I'm hoping these colours work good in bath bombs! I have a few of BB's la bomba colours but they're a tad expensive and would rather have something like Wilton's that I can pick up from michaels or walmart easily. Anybody have any BAD experiences with them in bathbombs? (tub staining, residue) etc?

The wilton cake colors fade over time (like 6 months and faster if exposed to light.) I used them in my early days of soapmaking and that was my experiance.

Back