How do I delete a recipe from the Soapcalc app?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gardensmurf

Reaction score
I KNOW it can be done, but for the life of me, I can‘t remember how I did it. Can anybody help me out, please? Feeling a bit stupid right now...:headbanging:

Aw, don't feel stupid... these things happen from time to time... you must be preoccupied or in overload? It's normal.

Look down at the bottom of your list of oils/amounts where the Calculate Recipe button is. Just to the right of that is the "Reset" button in red. Click on that to clear the recipe and then choose "Save" up at the top of the list. :)

If you are trying change one you are working on as Zany said, use the reset button. Otherwise if you are trying to delete a saved recipe you just save a new one over it. Their "save recipe" option only saves recipes as cookies, so if you ever clear the cache on your computer the recipes will be gone.

Thank you, Zany and Cmzaha

I think you are both talking about the Soapcalc website? I have downloaded the app „Soapcalc Pro“ to my Ipad and am trying to delete a recipe from there. It is set up a bit differently than the website.

Gardensmurf, is there a "Help" section in the downloaded version? You may be able to find the answer there.:)

Thank you, everybody!
I just tinkered around with it a bit more and suddenly remembered how to do it.
In case somebody else wants to know: You need to open the index page with the recipes and slide the recipe you want to delete to the left. A „delete“ button appears.

Gardensmurf, how many recipes are you allowed to save in the app? I haven't installed it on my tablet, but maybe I may find it useful because sometimes I travel where there is not internet access. Having a lye calculator I am used to using would be nice for times such as those.

Latest posts

Back