Bath Bomb question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillisa3479

Reaction score
HI,
Does anyone know if cornstarch is harmful to use in bath bombs? I read that it can cause yeast infections in women. Any truth to this? For the people who do use cornstartch, what is its purpose? Does it make the bomb float better?

Also, what is better to use in your spritz bottle..water, witch hazel or flowered water and why??

Thanks!

i personally would almost never use a bomb made with cornstarch...DS is allergic to corn. it does make the water soft though. i heard that using cornstarch can cause yeast infections...
i also dont use any spritzing. only the oils

I make 'em with cornstarch.

I used to get UTIs but haven't for many years - so at least for ME there doesn't seem to be a link.

Detergents, as you find in bubble maths, DO set me off though!

I use cornstarch in mine. I have only made three batches but so far no problems in my family. The cornstarch makes the bathwater feel really soft.

I put all my liquids in a spritzer. Oil, water, fragrance, glycerine and coloring are my liquids. I mix it all up and then can slowly add the liquid in. This seems to work pretty well for me.

edited to add what my liquids were.

What is the point of Borax?

I don't use this in my liquid soap, only citric acid---if I'm using KOH. I see some recipes with it listed as an ingredient for bath fizzies. Why not just use citric acid? Anybody know?

Back