Hop Candles/Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Admin
Reaction score
We have a lot of hops and want to create a hop scented soap/candle, does anyone here do small batch production runs? IE I would ship you the hops and then buy the soap/candles back?

We have a lot of hops and want to create a hop scented soap/candle, does anyone here do small batch production runs? IE I would ship you the hops and then buy the soap/candles back?

As a brewer, I appreciate the idea. If you want to use the hops decoratively, I could put you in touch with someone who does awe-inspiring work making decorative candles with botanicals. Candles that throw hop scent when burning may not be practical. Candle fragrance has to be fairly non-polar (essentially, oil-soluble) and very concentrated, like EO and FO. Developing a fragrance that burns well and throws scent in a candle is tricky. At best it would require specialized skills and equipment to process hops for that purpose, if it's possible at all.

Some sort of concentrated extract would also be the ideal way to try scenting soap, though one could try steeping the hops.

Last edited:
Back