What sort of wax for pillar candles?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillsandwitch

Reaction score
Ive been thinking of making my own pillar candles for a little while now. What is the best wax to use for pillar candles? I can get soy wax, soy/paraffin container blend, blending palm wax, Ecosoya Pillar Blend Soy Wax.

TIA
Dill

You definitely need a wax that specifies it is for votives or pillars. Of the waxes you listed, the pillar wax is your winner.

Awesome. The site i was looking at just listed a bunch of mumbo jumbo that my brain last night didnt understand. Now i have a starting point i can do some research

For pillars it is best to use waxes 137-150°F. If you plan on putting a great deal of fragrance, adding something like vybar and Micro will make for an excellent formulation.

Dill, I just had a look on NCS's website and I think the Ecosoya Pillar Blend Soy Wax would be right. If you are unsure give them a ring and they can advise of the right one you need to use. I use this one and it releases really well from the mould, but I only do wax melts, so they are quite small.

Dill, I just had a look on NCS's website and I think the Ecosoya Pillar Blend Soy Wax would be right. If you are unsure give them a ring and they can advise of the right one you need to use. I use this one and it releases really well from the mould, but I only do wax melts, so they are quite small.
After speaking with my brother who is really into candle making ( I didn't know this) he also recommended the same wax. He has been using it for his candles and says it works really well.

Latest posts

Back