24K gold powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh! I have never heard of this before. Is the gold good for your skin? I have heard that ingesting a small amount of metals is great for the system. Must be. The iron and zinc vitamins. :)

it's like using mica. I don't really measure micas but use them in a fairly high concentration in swirls for Christmas soaps. Gold mica holds up well, haven't tried the real thing.

How much? I dunno - about half a teaspoonful in a cup of soap batter maybe - but that's a total guess. I eyeball it and I haven't done it yet this year.

I used a lot, but that's because I wanted a sparkle effect .. and it worked. My honey l'occitane is gorgeous!! I used about 1 tablespoon .. maybe more .. held up beautifully and when you look at the bars they just glimmer !! love it

beachgurl said:
I used a lot, but that's because I wanted a sparkle effect .. and it worked. My honey l'occitane is gorgeous!! I used about 1 tablespoon .. maybe more .. held up beautifully and when you look at the bars they just glimmer !! love it
I love sparklies!!! Did I miss the pic of your sparkly gorgeous soap? If not.....why haven't you posted it? :lol:

Digit

I'm having a tough time getting the right light so you can see it ... it's not a super duper sparkle, but the 24k gold gave it a gorgeous sheen. I need to get a good picture of it so I can start listing on Etsy :( I think I may have to take it outside to photograph. BTW .. I'm getting my TOG 8 bar wire cutter this week :D

Back