Amber Honey soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chlobue

Reaction score
Looking for a straight Amber fragrance oil and IYO the best straight Honey. Any suggestions? I've heard the Wild Mountain Honey is good. But the Amber is a mystery
Thanks in advance.

chris

Elements Bath & Body L'Occitane Honey is an excellent one. It's strong and sticks well. I ordered some based on Soapmaker145's review. Here is what she said:

L’Occitane Honey: FP>200oF, Vanilla content 1.8%. Discolored chocolate milk. At 8 months: strong lovely honey scent like it is still in the comb. This is supposed to be a duplicate of L’Occitane’s Honey and it is an excellent dupe. They really hit it out of the park. The scent is unmistakable. It is still too strong that the usage rate of 5% needs to be cut. Strong with no hint of fading. Best honey ever!

I've tried a few honey FOs, and this is the one I like the best. Can't help you with a straight amber - not a favorite of mine.

I have not yet found a good amber either, though I've been on the lookout. All of the amber fragrance I've found seems to be lacking something to it. I'm hoping there will be some recommendations here! :)

I don't know about amber, but my favorite honey scent to use is Peak's Wild Mountain Honey. Lots of reviewers say it smells just like fresh clover honey.

IrishLass :)

I think the Amber Blush from FB is pretty good. It's fairly strong and survives a long cure (> 12 months). I wouldn't use it at 5%. I'm not the best judge of Amber but I like AB enough to use as is or as a blender. It's supposed to be a sweet amber. After a long cure, I don't smell anything sweet or powdery in it. As always, YMMV. I'll look through my notes and see if thee are other ambers in my stash. EBB also has an Amber Blush but I haven't tried it.

For honey, I'm still using the EBB L'Occitane type. EBB doesn't have IFRAs or maximum usage rates. MURs tend to be low for many honey scents. FB's Wild Mountain Honey is lovely and super strong (as in cut it below 1%) in HP at 1.5% but lost complexity in cp. I recently became interested in Honey Blossom type scents but haven't gotten too far with testing.

IMHO (I have not sampled a lot), BBs Wildflower & Honey is a winner for Honey scents.

Loads more Honey than Wildflower, combined with a honey-y color pattern (and real honey inside) I get lots of Ahhhhhh and Ohhhhh from my sample testers :)

Looking for a straight Amber fragrance oil and IYO the best straight Honey. Any suggestions? I've heard the Wild Mountain Honey is good. But the Amber is a mystery
Thanks in advance.

chris

I hesitate to chime in as I have not personally tried either of these, but no one appeared to have any suggestions for a straight amber. Sweet Cakes and Bramble Berry both offer amber FO's that do not disclose any other notes. The amber that I have in my stash and like is MO Golden Embargo (duped as "Meditation" at Nurture). However, it has notes of sandalwood and vanilla as well.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
I tested the BB Amber in 2015, just in case they reformulated recently. It smelled nice OOB, a more subtle version of FB Amber Blush. The problem is the scent faded completely in cp soap. It may work better for HP or B&B products.

Latest posts

Back