Really really new and have questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viccilynn

Reaction score
I am just beginning to research these items so need the advice of you experts. If I want products like soaps, bath bombs, fizzies, general bath and body items. And I want the to be all natural. What kinds of things do I stay away absolutely? How can I be sure to be accurate in stating no animal testing or vegan or all natural? :crazy: Thinking it would just be easier to find someone who makes what I need and buy from them.

Generally speaking there are no regulated categories for natural, vegan, cruelty free, etc. (in the US). You have to know your suppliers and trust what they tell you more or less. The same holds for your reputation with your clients.

And welcome. :)

Viccilyn, I looked at your other post (searching for wholesalers, with a view to retailing.) I think that is a good idea to stick with, if you intend on opening a business anytime soon. You may not be aware of the scope of it because you are new here, but this post is kind of asking for a *gigantic* amount of information about a lot of potential products that it will take you a really long time to digest, experiment with, and produce products that you are happy with, and will be experienced enough to create for resale.

I don't know about any of the rest of these products, but I just make soap - and only type right now, CP - have only been doing it for about 4 mos. I would not feel comfortable AT ALL selling it despite an enormous amount of research and a relatively large amount of testing for that short period of time, in just that one medium.

The general guidelines suggested before you have enough experience for sale - at least for CP/HP soap - is a minimum of a year, for me it would probably be more if I ever decide to do it. You will have *no* idea of what you will end up being happy/comfortable enough to sell unless you give it that long. Eg, it takes a minimum of a month for a CP batch to cure well enough to know how it will really feel. Not to mention potential liability and killing any resale possibilities b/c it is not a good product.

It really does not make sense to take this on yourself if it for a project you intend to launch in any kind of short-term time frame.

Research, research and then research some more. I've been doing this for 5 years and am still learning new stuff everyday. Ingredients I originally thought were truly natural turned out to be chemical nightmares after I finished with due diligence.

Very happy to read your post though! We need more natural and less chemical in this life!

Just to clarify. Are you looking to purchase these items, and sell them, or are you planning on making them yourself? If you are planning on making them yourself, not_ally & 100% natural are both correct. Research and time are your only options. You are certainly in the right place, so welcome! I've gotten a tremendous amount of information here. If you have any specific questions, ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back