Where to get the best colorants for bath bombs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrown

Reaction score
I'd like a mix of colors, dark and light. What is the best place to get this or who carries a wide variety?

Thank you!

BB's LaBomb colorants are my favorite by far. They are mixed with glycerin so don't cause premature fizzing. Since they are liquid, I can add them at the end - making it easy to divide a recipe for separate colors and control the overall coloring. They don't stain the tub but do color the water. A little goes a very long way.

I've tried WSP stained glass colorants... they are incredibly light on bombs and cause fizzing. I save those for bubble bars. I've used WSP powder colorants also (sorry I forget the name). Those do produce nice colors, but it's hard to judge the final color since they need to be mixed in with the dry ingredients.

Colors

I like using . Natural Colorants. as well as Oxides.
I make Lipsticks Lotion and Soap. I purchase some of my Color from TKB Trading.
Beet powder etc create nice soap color and impart benefits to the soap. I left soap making for 5 years and started back again this year. Funny thing my first batch was a Hot process which I hate . but by the third i was back to my ole self again.

TKB trading

Latest posts

Back