Scales for small amounts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, club?
It's how you get baby seal fat.

Okay that was bad, I know, I know.

I belong to a pyrotechnics club. Yes, it is as cool as it sounds. Even when we screw things up they still explode so it's not bad. A person can spend 6-8 months making ONE shell, only to just blow that piece of art up. It's a strange feeling.

I guess it's not completely different from soap. We make it to wash it down the drain.

Making fireworks as a hobby sounds awesome! That would just be so very, very cool!
It's awesome, till it's not. I have a few friends and acquaintances who don't feel that way anymore. A couple dead, a couple wish they were. It's a very unforgiving hobby.

Still, it brings me back every time.

"... A couple dead, a couple wish they were. It's a very unforgiving hobby...."

Uh, I take it the deaths were from pyro? If so, your experiences with pyro are starting to make working with concentrated NaOH feel like a walk in the park. Ugh......

You can go in the smoke shops. That where i went since i need to measure down to 0.1 gram when making lipsticks and measuring pigments and micas. cost me 14.99 they have some that measure both tiny amount and large but they are costly.

"... A couple dead, a couple wish they were. It's a very unforgiving hobby...."

Uh, I take it the deaths were from pyro? If so, your experiences with pyro are starting to make working with concentrated NaOH feel like a walk in the park. Ugh......
Yes'm. Some compounds are quite sensitive and some folks, sadly, end up taking it for granted and lapsing into less safe practices.

I wanted to report that I did buy the Jennings 200 scale, I got it from the Old Will knot scales website. I was able to get the scales and calibration weights for the same prices as just the scale at Lotioncrafters. Shipping was fast, It arrived within 4 days. I will report when I use it this coming week. Thank you again for all your help.

Back