Butter Blends?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann Marie

Reaction score
Hi!

I was hoping to make my own butter blends...I notice that often the butter blends are a mix of avocado oil with soybean oil. Has anyone ever tried to make their own blend? I was thinking of making a blend of evening primrose, argan and soybean...do you see any issues with this? Would I do an 80% soybean and 10% of the soft oils?

Here is a blend of whipped body butter that I made using coffee infused oil:

I whipped 7 oz of room temperature shea butter, 2.5 oz of coffee infused oil, 1 tsp. tapicoca starch, .1 oz peppermint e.o. and .05 oz Phenonip until all was light and fluffy. I ended up with two jars .

I think she means like the coffee butter blend or almond butter blend that many soap suppliers sell.

I haven't tried, but I've thought about it once I use up all my coffee butter. I want do it so I can eliminate the soy aspect.

^^^ I do the same to make coffee butter, avocado butter and aloe butters. I like that it's very inexpensive ton mae to home when you concider the crazy prices that are charged for butters made with soybean oil. Yuck, no offense to any soy lakers out there but I run when I see the word

I have made my own infused coffee butter as well as chamomile, calendula, and lavender. I find that it is pretty easy, and so much less expensive than buying it. I also can use what ever solid oil I want, so I'm not limited in my choices.

I generally prefer to make what I can rather than buy it ready made.

I think soy generally has a bad rap due to GMO and estrogenic issues. This may be irrelevent for skincare products but I think some people still avoid it as an ingredient.
Hi!

I was hoping to make my own butter blends...I notice that often the butter blends are a mix of avocado oil with soybean oil. Has anyone ever tried to make their own blend? I was thinking of making a blend of evening primrose, argan and soybean...do you see any issues with this? Would I do an 80% soybean and 10% of the soft oils?

Back