Body Butter Bliss?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OKay, that doesn't answer the question I have though - I may need to phrase it differently (I appreciate the difference you are pointing out however).

Is the product of the kit a "pumpable" thing like hand lotion, or is it something you scoop out of a tub and apply?

Irish Lass uses the BBB recipe. Look at the percent of water in the recipe, that will be a good clue.

Oooo! That's my #1 go-to lotion that I make. I find it to be the best of both worlds. When all is said and done at the end of the day, though, it's basically just a thick lotion- but a very nice one at that.

To explain further- although it's thick, it's not stiff like your typical body butter can be. It's thick, but a flowing kind of thick. If you were to put Body Butter Bliss in a jar and tip the jar upside down, it will flow out, albeit slowly. I can't say the same thing about your typical body butter, at least not mine, anyway. I can tip my jar of body butter over and it will never come out of its own accord, no matter how long I wait.

I like to package my Body Butter Bliss in those squeezable toggle-type bottles that sit upside down for easy dispensing. They work perfect for this type of lotion, if you ask me. You might be able to get away with packaging it in a pump bottle, but just barely, I would think.

IrishLass :)

Recipe description:

"If you've been wanting to duplicate the feel of The Body Shop's Body Butter look no further! Our Body Butter Bliss is a luscious and stable emulsified butter which offers a rich emolliency with a quick, greaseless dry down and long lasting hydration for the skin. Made with shea butter and tocopherol-rich rice bran oil, along with glycerin for added humectancy and dimethicone for its skin protectant properties, this body butter will prove to be a real pleaser!"

It's 58% water, so I don't think it'll work in a pump.

So ... silly follow-up. If it's that thick and you put it in a bottle, how the h*ll you get it in there?

The same way Major Tony Nelson gets Jeannie in her bottle, silly. Well...... okay, not really. :razz:

What I do is transfer the finished/scented lotion into a fresh/new ZipLoc baggie, snip the corner off with sanitized scissors, squeeze the lotion out through the snipped hole into the bottle, then cap. Works like a charm. :thumbup:

IrishLass :)

Malibu bottles are also called tottles I think. They are oval, with the end being slimmer than the spout end. You can squeeze them kind of like a tube of toothpaste.

Edit, never mind I did not read that right. Most of the time you fill them while the lotion is still warm and has not thickened....

Last edited:
I make a really thick lotion and can pour it in while still warm (after it's cooled I can hold the bottle upside down and it it doesn't come out). I use it with a pump.

Latest posts

Back