Himalayan salts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeakycleanuk

Reaction score
Anyone else had issues with them not dissolving quick enough? I just had a bath with them and the bottom of the bath felt gritty as I moved around, not very pleasant. I've never noticed this with the sea salt soaks I've made, so I'm assuming it is the himalayan salts, but so many people seem to use them, so wondering why this should be?

I think a lot of it will have to do with what grain you are using. Is it very fine, fine, medium, course, or rock? When I make soaks I use a very fine grain. In bath salts I use fine or medium.

Hmm, it looks kinda fine to me (finer than the sea salt) but I don't know. Just had a look at the suppliers info and it doesn't say specifically but says grain size is 0.8 -3.15mm if that means anything to anyone?

Hmm, it looks kinda fine to me (finer than the sea salt) but I don't know. Just had a look at the suppliers info and it doesn't say specifically but says grain size is 0.8 -3.15mm if that means anything to anyone?

You have a large mix. Extra fine is up to .2mm Fine is up to .5-1mm. Small is 1-2mm. Medium is 2-3mm. Coarse is from 3-4mm. Over 4 is very course.

So you have a mix from fine to coarse. I imagine the smaller grains are dissolving and leaving the larger grains.

You could run the salt through a coffee grinder to get it finer.

Ah thanks Dorymae, its probably a mix of different sized grains then. I do have a coffee grinder so I'll give it a go :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back