Smooth HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I finally got a nice smooth HP. Almost ruined it by cutting too soon, the center was still gooey but I planed most of the mess away.
Ground ginseng for speckles and a little gold mica for swirls. The FO is supposed to turn really dark brown, curious what this will do to the speckles.
Used extra water and SL, it was thick but pourable.

516b81.jpg

2644y6a.jpg

1z5hgu8.jpg

and my new wire cutter that I made.
21j1t79.jpg

I love the gold leafed marble effect on that HP! It will be interesting to see the final cure look.

Quick question on your planer, did you also make one yourself? If so and you don't mind sharing, would you post a how-to?

Yeah, I figured the gold would show up against the brown and look really nice. I have a feeling the FO wasn't mixed in super well so the bars will probably be streaky which is ok.
I actually use a old, giant wood planer flipped upside down. I want to make a proper one sometime but I need to find the right blade.

Yeah, I figured the gold would show up against the brown and look really nice. I have a feeling the FO wasn't mixed in super well so the bars will probably be streaky which is ok.
I actually use a old, giant wood planer flipped upside down. I want to make a proper one sometime but I need to find the right blade.

I like the soaps. Nice

For a blade, look in a paint supplies area. They make a 4 inch blade with double screw holes for scrapers, that work really well for a homemade planer.

They are beautiful, I have avoided hot process as I don't like the messy look of it, but you really have got beautiful smooth bars. How much sodium lactate did you use?

Thanks, I'm really happy with these. Even with the increased water, they are pretty hard already. I used SL around 1.5 tsp ppo, I didn't really measure it.

Latest posts

Back