A quick but intense vent!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why feel horrible about that? The real issue is a "brat" who clearly likes the perks of getting free soap but is not giving credit where it's due, let alone respect.

I was being tongue-in-cheek. I feel bad for saying "it's just soap" on Soap Making Forum. :p

Not the rest of it. I prefer my soap, but the Zum brand from Whole Foods is pretty good, much better than, say, Dial.

I was being tongue-in-cheek. I feel bad for saying "it's just soap" on Soap Making Forum. :p

Not the rest of it. I prefer my soap, but the Zum brand from Whole Foods is pretty good, much better than, say, Dial.

I hate that brand but possibly unfairly. It made my skin itch like no other. I never thought about trying another bar.

It's all in the vocabulary. Ten dollar words, used properly of course, are good for several style points just on their own. And we need to really feel your indignation, ire, whatever, through your words. Of course, when I'm really worked up my rants are not appropriate for polite company. :silent: :)
My mother referrs to that as "praying backwards." When I'm angry, I do a lot of "praying backwards." And then I'm really embarrassed about it because I can make a sailor blush when I'm in a mood.

No, those soaps are pricey. Think Dollar Tree... Yardley! Cashmere Bouquet is the next best thing.

Spock thing... Raising one eyebrow you mean?
Yardley English Lavender and Yardley Oatmeal were my go-to soaps until I made my own. Better than Dial or Dove!!

I feel horrible for saying this...seriously...but it's just soap. I mean, if I had a soap emergency and had no properly aged soap of my own, I would just buy a bar of nice soap at Whole Foods or a health food store or, heck, Etsy.
Exactly! I think the issue here is "buy a bar of soap." You know, just using a wash cloth and water will work, too.

My mother referrs to that as "praying backwards." When I'm angry, I do a lot of "praying backwards." And then I'm really embarrassed about it because I can make a sailor blush when I'm in a mood.

Yep, me too. The f-bomb is actually one of my favorite words mostly because I find it so expressive (seriously) plus it can be a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, etc. It's the swiss army knife of expletives.

Yep, me too. The f-bomb is actually one of my favorite words mostly because I find it so expressive (seriously) plus it can be a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, etc. It's the swiss army knife of expletives.

Lol I have this conversation regularly when my mouth moves faster than my brain.

1490752477839.jpg

You do know that complaining about not having soap is VERY dangerous on this forum.

Where would you like the medium flat rate box delivered?:mrgreen:
Drogar-BigGrin%28LBG%29.gif

To my doorstep!

We just got back from our favorite carb-full restaurant - an old fashioned outdated (80s?) Italian place with dark interior and - I kid you not - Frank Sinatra and whats-his-name playing in the background. My little one and I read Nancy Drew and have a nice lazy meal - and the waitress always dotes on the little one (can you say free ice cream?) so we bring her soap.

Well, word has gotten around and now the very nice expert secret sauce making gentlemen would like some too!

I have got to find some time to make soap!!

To my doorstep!

We just got back from our favorite carb-full restaurant - an old fashioned outdated (80s?) Italian place with dark interior and - I kid you not - Frank Sinatra and whats-his-name playing in the background. My little one and I read Nancy Drew and have a nice lazy meal - and the waitress always dotes on the little one (can you say free ice cream?) so we bring her soap.

Well, word has gotten around and now the very nice expert secret sauce making gentlemen would like some too!

If I might be so bold as to recommend your very own lard recipe! :lol:

Even as young as my batch is, I have decided I had not lived before using this soap. I even shaved with it today, and while a little drying I didn't need to roll in lotion after just to deal with the itchy skin I've had after nearly every single bar of soap I've ever used.

I had no idea soap could be this awesome. I'll never buy soap from the grocery store again.

To my doorstep!

That restaurant sounds awesome! I'm on the hunt for a Chinese restaurant with a tacky interior, complete with cheesy hanging lanterns and everything. Sadly, I haven't been able to find one.

Back