A quick but intense vent!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Why why why can't intelligent people understand that when I say the soap can't be cut for 3 days, that I mean 3 days????????

My friend is out of soap; asked for more. I've only got a few bars left that are reserved for others, so I said "go buy some because it will be month before I have any more.

I made soap Saturday. She's calling me twice a day asking for it. I tell her to buy some. She's sending me text messages...."is it ready now??????" I tell her to buy some. She's at the door!!!!!!!!

Make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I swear - next time I'll let her try some fresh cut soap and prove that I mean when I say it's not ready!!!!!!!!!!!!)

That's the best kind of compliment. Congratulations on your amazing soap!
DITTO.
That's not much of a rant, Lenarenee, but I sure hope you feel better. That's what counts! Now go count yer blessings and be grateful for people like this lady hounding you for soap. We should ALL have such problems.
Okaybye :bunny:

Why why why can't intelligent people understand that when I say the soap can't be cut for 3 days, that I mean 3 days????????

My friend is out of soap; asked for more. I've only got a few bars left that are reserved for others, so I said "go buy some because it will be month before I have any more.

I made soap Saturday. She's calling me twice a day asking for it. I tell her to buy some. She's sending me text messages...."is it ready now??????" I tell her to buy some. She's at the door!!!!!!!!

Make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I swear - next time I'll let her try some fresh cut soap and prove that I mean when I say it's not ready!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Please don't do that. The next bets thing is to give her medium-well done chicken... That's not a good idea either...

Well I don't take it as a compliment. After 3.5 years of making soap she still doesn't take me seriously, and has accused me of being overdramatic or not knowing what I'm doing. If she wants my soap, she only gets it on my terms.

I wouldn't take it as a compliment either. Sounds like she's just in it for free (I'm presuming here) soap, especially if she doesn't give you credit for your soapy prowess. If it were me, I think she would stop getting any soap at all, but that's me.

Edited to add: For content, I give your rant a 7. For style, though, sadly it's only a 2. Either you are so patient and laid-back that nothing rankles you, or you're just too polite for a truly good rant. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited:
Keep a few bars of Dove or Irish Spring at the ready and hand it to her the next time she does this, if you decide to keep her on as a friend/customer. Practice your best single eyebrow raise so that is ready for her as well.

Oh how I would love to be able to do the Spock thing! Apparently I only have one muscle that works both brows simultaneously....looking surprised instead of annoyed.

It just so happens Newbie that somebody left a box of old hotel soaps at my door...I'll put them in a lovely little gift bag and send her out the door!

But I sure don't want to be known as a ranter with poor style! Just how would a proper SheLion rant go???

It's all in the vocabulary. Ten dollar words, used properly of course, are good for several style points just on their own. And we need to really feel your indignation, ire, whatever, through your words. Of course, when I'm really worked up my rants are not appropriate for polite company. :silent: :)

Keep a few bars of Dove or Irish Spring at the ready and hand it to her the next time she does this, if you decide to keep her on as a friend/customer. Practice your best single eyebrow raise so that is ready for her as well.

No, those soaps are pricey. Think Dollar Tree... Yardley! Cashmere Bouquet is the next best thing.

Oh how I would love to be able to do the Spock thing! Apparently I only have one muscle that works both brows simultaneously....looking surprised instead of annoyed.

It just so happens Newbie that somebody left a box of old hotel soaps at my door...I'll put them in a lovely little gift bag and send her out the door!

Spock thing... Raising one eyebrow you mean?

You could also give her a zip lock of leftover soap scraps! Tell her that's the only soap you have on hand ready to go out the door... Hehehe

Oooh.... I like that idea best. That could be good for anyone who runs out and needs more before your ready, not just Miss Impatient-Pants.

I feel horrible for saying this...seriously...but it's just soap. I mean, if I had a soap emergency and had no properly aged soap of my own, I would just buy a bar of nice soap at Whole Foods or a health food store or, heck, Etsy.

Why feel horrible about that? The real issue is a "brat" who clearly likes the perks of getting free soap but is not giving credit where it's due, let alone respect.

Latest posts

Back