Red wine soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made this Merlot soap today. I boiled my wine and then froze it. I didn't have quite 10 oz of wine so I added a little distilled water and then added the lye. The wine/water turned brown immediately. When I added the liquid to the oils it did help a bit with the color, but really it was just a lovely rich brown. I colored half the batter with Merlot Sparkle Mica from BB and the other half with Velvet Pearl mica from Nurture. The FO is BB's Berry Wine. Just did a basic drop swirl and textured/glittered the top. It's in the box right now, hopefully it'll be pretty! when I added the Merlot Sparkle mica, it was just a gorgeous color! Fingers crossed!

That is pretty, how did the bars turn out?

I make my beer soap the HP way.

Have anyone tried to make wine soap in the crock pot, instead of cold process?

I made a wine soap, and it seized! So I hot processed it, and it looks like spam. It's hilarious.
IMG_0023-2_640x427.jpg

neonstudy I too think it looks pretty!

The reason I was asking is because I understand wine has sugars, and when I tried to make soap with milk the HP way, it all turned brown, and I did not like it.

So I reserve milks and vegetables for CP only.

But a friend ask me for a wine soap, but she needs it in 3 weeks ... I tried to explain about curing and water, but she just wants it 3 weeks for a party. So it would have to be HP...

neonstudy I too think it looks pretty!

The reason I was asking is because I understand wine has sugars, and when I tried to make soap with milk the HP way, it all turned brown, and I did not like it.

So I reserve milks and vegetables for CP only.

But a friend ask me for a wine soap, but she needs it in 3 weeks ... I tried to explain about curing and water, but she just wants it 3 weeks for a party. So it would have to be HP...
HP does not cut down cure time, in fact sometimes cure is at least a month longer, because more liquid is used. I would refuse to give the soap to anyone in less than 4-8 weeks, because I would be giving them an inferior soap. But that is your decision

HP does not cut down cure time, in fact sometimes cure is at least a month longer, because more liquid is used. I would refuse to give the soap to anyone in less than 4-8 weeks, because I would be giving them an inferior soap. But that is your decision

why would it have more liquid? I use the exact same recipe as in CP, I never add extra water, and I have been making HP for a couple of years, and always used them after 2 weeks.

Normally I let them cure for longer, but I have had no issues after 2 weeks, never have I had inferior soap. What do you mean by inferior, one that has more water still?

Latest posts

Back