Thoughts on Soap Maker Software

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sm3 is the bomb. I agree with others, male sure you set it all up and everything will run smoothly. The trick is to stay on top of entering your shipments and purchase and you'll be fine

Is SM3 a huge and complicated program to use? I use Quick Books for my husband's business now so am very familiar with it but it took me FOREVER to not have to refer to the operator's manual all the time. :sad: For those of you that have used both, have you found SM3 to be more user friendly? Are the tutorials helpful when you get stuck on something?

It is a thorough program, with its own learning curve. You enter your inventory (with the prices you paid, plus the shipping, which factors in), enter your recipes, and then 'make' your soap batches. You need to start from a baseline if you're already in business - if you're new, like me, the hardest part is just entering everything. Once it's all in keep up with it, and it works just fine. There's a Yahoo group for help, and you can always ask questions here, in the soap groups on Facebook, someone can help you.

I think that it user friendly. As reinbou stated, enter all the info concerning each supply as it is entered into the program. The program comes with a small tutorial for each section, just click on the "Help" button. The software maker also has a section of frequently asked question on their website. You might start with Soapmaker Lite and upgrade later on.

Latest posts

Back