Oregon Trail Soap Supply

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaitriBB

Reaction score
Has anyone had any bad experiences with them? I ordered their BBW Sandalwood Rose dupe and it separated on me :( Very frustrating as I had ordered it to make soaps on order for a friend's wife - it's her favorite scent. Now I have to order another 2 oz to make another batch. And they require a minimum of $15 to order online, and their shipping is expensive. Sigh...

Did you try warming it & shaking it up?
There's most likely some sandalwood eo in it, which is thicker.

P.S. I've never had any problems with Oregon Trail. Did you contact them & ask them about the separation? They're pretty good at getting back to people.

Also, I didn't mean for my replies to be so "cranky pants" sounding. After rereading them, I thought to myself, "Wow, Genny, you sure sound cranky this morning." LOL

Haha your responses didn't sound cranky at all :). I'm going to email them and see if they have any suggestions for my next go.

FYI both of the scents (Sandalwood Rose and White Witch) that I tried from Oregon Trail overheated. WW overheated only a little so I think that I can save the soap. When I emailed the owner to ask about the SR overheating so badly, she didn't know what "CPOP" meant and hadn't looked it up or anything before responding. It was a frustrating email exchange and I wound up giving up.

I used the Sandalwood & Rose from Oregon in a recent batch. I did get slight over heating. VERY slight. But I also had sugar in the batch. And I only used 1oz of the FO and combined with 1oz of Orange 5x. And I did insulate the soap. I was thinking of not gelling or eliminating the sugar next time. The combo of the Sandalwood & Rose with the Orange is so nice!

Latest posts

Back