ALL HAIL TOASTED ALMOND

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG Good Humor finally started making the Toasted Almond bars again, I have found them at Wal Mart!! I LOVE THEM MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Oh how I have missed them. I ate a whole box :oops:

I have loved these things since my early years!

you are such a kid

I prefer the chocolate eclairs - I keep forgetting my kids don't really like 'em and so I have to eat the whole box. happens over and over. cannot imagine what's wrong with me - menopause is hell on memory I guess.

LOL

When I was a kid and the ice cream truck passed by, I always had the hard decision to make - toasted almond or chocolate eclair lol. I could go for a toasted almond right now - but I'd rather it be made with amaretto, kahlua, and cream... mmmm-mm

lol yeahhhhh carebear... you know its just selective memory,, its the same thing like how i know my girl hates mint icecream but I keep buying huge jugs of it muahahahaha....

healin... yeahhh lol I worked a lot as a kid and hence earned an allowence... Id spend every penny on buying BOTH the choco eclair AND toasted almond lol...

but I did save some too... bought my first car like that :)

I miss Italian Ice that had a big clump over frozen slush at the bottom... remember those?..... I remember leaping off the swingset thanks to those sugar rushes lol

Healinya said:
I miss Italian Ice that had a big clump over frozen slush at the bottom... remember those?..... I remember leaping off the swingset thanks to those sugar rushes lol

OMG!!!! I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! They made the recipe different so now it doesnt have the clump of sugar on the bottom anymore, its more homogeneous, I like the old ones better, they were more like italian ICE... not like Italian frozen cornsyrup...

blaaagh

the ones in the green and yellow and white things with the PAPER lid...and you know you had to eat it with that little wooden spoon or it just wouldnt taste the same...

ohhh how I miss those summers ....

those summers.... taking the bike out with the promise of returning home by dark... getting a monster size slush puppy along with some brain freeze.. maybe some wax covered juice.. or candy cigarettes that my parents didn't want me buying.. If someone asked what kind of candy you had, the correct answer was "nacho candy"

I still eat almonds like candy. I miss mojos. (A hard taffy candy.) Thankfully there is a specialty candy store that sells them from time to time in Vancouver so I manage to have them occasionally but where I grew up 711 (convienence store) used to sell every flavour for cheap.

It sounds funny to me, to hear young people talking about "the old days" or the old things.....haha

I remember honeymoon candies, and 10-for-a-penny sugar babies. Gulp, showing my agedness.

Woodi said:
It sounds funny to me, to hear young people talking about "the old days" or the old things.....haha

I remember honeymoon candies, and 10-for-a-penny sugar babies. Gulp, showing my agedness.

ohhhh how I wish I had 10 for a penny anything right about now!!

Latest posts

Back