Help me find a mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnitchyFingers

Reaction score
Okay, so my mom has asked me to make her custom soaps for their vacation home. She wants soaps with the first initial of their last name "W" embedded in them.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this. I can either do this in tube molds, but then I need a "W" shaped tube mold.

Or, I can do each one individually and do separate embeds - then I need an alphabet embed mold with only "W"s.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to go about this? Or where to find "W" only molds?

Thanks.

How about a regular soap shape with a stamped "W". I'm trying to picture an embedded "W," would you be doing a clear soap for the outer soap?

Good point. I'd either have to do it in a clear MP base (way too inexperienced to try that darn clear CP by myself!) or do it all tube style. A stamp isn't a bad idea. I'll have to run it by my mom! Of course, if I could find a "W" mold, that would be even better - works for my in-laws, too!

Or, you could get some mp, colour it, then pour it in a tray or something flat like, then cut out the w's either by hand or with a cutter, then embed them either in cp or mp.
Either way we want pics!!

There was a tutorial of this kind, for wedding soap favors, on the soapqueen (AnneMarie from Brambleberry). I'll see if I can find the link.
http://soap-queen.blogspot.com You may have to scroll down to older posts to find it, I did.

KnitchyFingers said:
Okay, so my mom has asked me to make her custom soaps for their vacation home. She wants soaps with the first initial of their last name "W" embedded in them.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this. I can either do this in tube molds, but then I need a "W" shaped tube mold.

Or, I can do each one individually and do separate embeds - then I need an alphabet embed mold with only "W"s.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to go about this? Or where to find "W" only molds?

Thanks.

It wouldn't be the cheapest way to go because you have to buy the whole set, but if you can't find anything else you can go to a Tandy Leather store or go to their online website and get a leather alphabet stamping tool. Then just stamp it into the soap. I used to carve and tool leather, unfortunately I sold all my tools or I would just send you one. Here's a link to an example, but they have several fonts and sizes. http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/department/Tools/4907-00.aspx?feature=Product_140

Thank you, everyone! I found the soap queen tutorial. Amazing. I think I'll try that. Now, to shop. My mom said she would pay for all the supplies I needed. :lol:

Back