second try not so good

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckscent

Reaction score
Here is my second pour, Charcoal lavender. It looks good to me and was stoked about it. When I cut it the 2nd layer from the bottom (White) separated from the 3rd layer, don't know why...maybe poured to cold? but at least I can remelt and try again

Did you spray the top of the soap between layers with 91% rubbing alcohol? You need to do that so the layers stick.
You should be able to find a video on YouTube about making layers with m&p

Ditto what Obsidian said about spritzing with alcohol between layers. And I bet you could fix it if you have a heat gun. Just stick it back in the mold, remelt the white layer, spritz with rubbing alcohol and put the top back on.

Welcome to the absent minded soapers club!

I'm DeeAnna, and I'm an absent minded soaper.....

They look really pretty. If this is m&p I have a fix for you. Melt some additional m&p, carefully spray the inside of each side, trying not to get alcohol on the outside of the slices. Pour a thin layer of m&p and glue the layers back together. The soap that runs down the outside of the bars will peel right off if you do not get alcohol on the outside. I called my daughter and asked her, she is the one that does our m&p soaps

They look really pretty. If this is m&p I have a fix for you. Melt some additional m&p, carefully spray the inside of each side, trying not to get alcohol on the outside of the slices. Pour a thin layer of m&p and glue the layers back together. The soap that runs down the outside of the bars will peel right off if you do not get alcohol on the outside. I called my daughter and asked her, she is the one that does our m&p soaps

Thanks, I will give it a try

I'm not an MPer. If you are using a silicone mold or a wooden mold (not plastic) would it be possible to put the soaps back in the mold in a warmed oven and let the oven warm them just a bit and stick them together better? Words for CP?

Back